2023/24 Seamus Coleman

IMG_8349.jpeg

Please no
Look, we have 17 players with a contract till 2025 and later. Holgate and Maupay quite surely leave us. Makes it 15.

Then what happens to DCL, Keane that expire in 2025 and Onana and Branthwaite that have interest. So we might have to replace 10 players.

I understand we got Young for free with his background, he was still decent at Villa, but he showed that he isn't on the level anymore this season.
I don't see Gueye as a regular starter, but still a good back up. Coleman too. As it's time to implement the next generation with Patterson or another RB.

Keeping those 2 gives us room for another season.

We need more than 2 "quality strikers." 7-8 players at least. The financial situation is still strained and we can have another season with getting loans or free transfers in the majority.

Just don't want too many squad chances at once.

Sooo Godfrey is deemed better than him then? Pretty damning.

There was a Twitter post doing the rounds that Dyche has fallen out with Coleman and Patterson.

I didn’t place much faith in it as it’s an unknown source with no obvious evidence, but seeing as Coleman appears to be playing well and able to play the lions share of a match, I am beginning to wonder if there is some truth in it.

There was a Twitter post doing the rounds that Dyche has fallen out with Coleman and Patterson.

I didn’t place much faith in it as it’s an unknown source with no obvious evidence, but seeing as Coleman appears to be playing well and able to play the lions share of a match, I am beginning to wonder if there is some truth in it.
I find that very hard to believe.

(Or perhaps the manager of Ireland has no reason to be concerned with Coleman's longterm fitness.)

I find that very hard to believe.

Yeah, like I say I have no reason to believe it especially. I just find it hard to balance with Seamus not playing any minutes, not even starting and being subbed off or being subbed on, since coming back and Godfrey being the first choice. He’s not just having his game time managed here.

I thought it was due to injury but hearing that’s he’s played the Ireland game and did a good job, now it kind of has me wondering.