2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a massive loss for the last 4 games. Didn't think I'd say that at the start of the season.

Isn't he eligible for a testimonial? He seems to have been at the Club for donkeys' years.

Giving him a contract extension would be madness, he must be a very rich man already if he has any sense at all.

I think after a 10+ year Premier League career, they will have enough for prep meals for a very long time.

Seamus doesnt strike me as the Bugatti type.
I meant the relative might be having an uncomfortable convo with their customer, the Coleman’s, this morning. If candid chats are turning up on Twitter with a finger pointing directly to the source (assuming it’s not BS), not sure they will be a customer for much longer.
I note the tweets been deleted now so someone may have seen sense…….

Deserves a 1 year contract given he’d have got that without the injury. It’s actually not about nostalgia it’s about looking after the players that have served the club well. In the long run thats also a good business decision. We’ve certainly spent money in much less smart ways in recent years
I love Coleman - he has embodied Everton and seems a great, grounded and passionate fella. However, he is also a multi-millionaire and must be set up for life. We can't afford to pay him footballers wages for, very likely, a year where he can't do his job as a footballer.

I'd be all for giving him a normal fitness coach's wages to keep him around while he's recuperating and earning his badges. If after that he can still offer something on the pitch at a push and he were willing, I'm sure we could offer a contract.

I love Coleman - he has embodied Everton and seems a great, grounded and passionate fella. However, he is also a multi-millionaire and must be set up for life. We can't afford to pay him footballers wages for, very likely, a year where he can't do his job as a footballer.

I'd be all for giving him a normal fitness coach's wages to keep him around while he's recuperating and earning his badges. If after that he can still offer something on the pitch at a push and he were willing, I'm sure we could offer a contract.
Yeah, the days of jobs for the boys simply have to end if we want change.

Seamus was well paid at Everton. He owes us nothing more - but we owe him nothing more other than a duty of care now as he is still an employee and the respect he has earned as a stalwart. We don't owe him a job after he finishes. What has he to offer? Perhaps he has something that we could use. Great, if so, but he has to be the best qualified person for that job - not another Bill Kenwright appointee.

And we also need to be quite honest about the signal it sends out to our young players if we put players who have won nothing on pedestals. Neville Southall - admittedly, a spiky fellow - is almost exorcised from the club's history. Yet, lads who never came within an ass's roar of a medal are being celebrated?

Nah, not for me.

Isn't he eligible for a testimonial? He seems to have been at the Club for donkeys' years.

Giving him a contract extension would be madness, he must be a very rich man already if he has any sense at all.
Yeah for sure he has given us donkey years.

Status
Not open for further replies.