2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another awful game from him, can't remember who it was that paced past him in the 96th minute but we were lucky to not concede there.
That was so poor 30 seconds to go, where’s his game management. Take him out straight away on the half way line and defend the free kick.

The 2 biggest problems with this team, is we’re a technically poor team, bar one or two. Twice v Arsenal Doucoure & Townsend found themselves in the box Witt a bit of space. Yet both overhit a simple touch and the chance was gone.

And the second is passing back all the time, I know it seems like I’m picking on Doucoure, but he’s one of the biggest culprits. The amount of times he was passed the ball just inside Arsenals half, with time to turn and he goes straight back to the centre backs or full backs.

That was so poor 30 seconds to go, where’s his game management. Take him out straight away on the half way line and defend the free kick.

The 2 biggest problems with this team, is we’re a technically poor team, bar one or two. Twice v Arsenal Doucoure & Townsend found themselves in the box Witt a bit of space. Yet both overhit a simple touch and the chance was gone.

And the second is passing back all the time, I know it seems like I’m picking on Doucoure, but he’s one of the biggest culprits. The amount of times he was passed the ball just inside Arsenals half, with time to turn and he goes straight back to the centre backs or full backs.
I pointed that out to my lad about Doucoure last night umpteen times. Unbelievable lack of belief and awareness at times.

I think it was Coleman and Iwobi for that minute 96 debacle when they should have scored. They are some double act at this stage.

Allan earlier on tries to close down on the sideline 30 yards from their goal and 10 seconds later it is nearly in the back of our net. Allan not following AHA look a like for the first goal. He has been at this for weeks.

We make that many poor choices and positional errors and the same ones repeatedly that it is hard to see evidence of any coaching.

Please find a new right back and allow him to enjoy what is probably the last 18 months of his Everton career as a valuable squad player who fills in when needed, and isn't starting every week. He's perfectly capable of being our back up next season, but his legs have gone and he can't play even close to every week,
This is spot on. He's playing because we have no alternative, what this says about Kenny is probably best left unsaid. You can't say he doesn't care or give his all like a lot of our squad. The amount of abuse on here for him is unreal, same happened with Baines. Let's not confuse a player that's past his best and playing because he keeps getting picked every week, with one that has always been complete dross. The two are not the same. Coleman has been a great servant to the club and yes he shouldn't be first choice, but that's down to the inept decision making at board level.

Don't know if mentioned but there's a clip after Gray's goal where he runs up to him and shouts "What did I tell you?" at him.

He's a decent club captain, but he's finished unfortunately. It's not his fault he's still playing every week.

Don't know if mentioned but there's a clip after Gray's goal where he runs up to him and shouts "What did I tell you?" at him.

He's a decent club captain, but he's finished unfortunately. It's not his fault he's still playing every week.
What did he tell him?

It’s really sad that most posters when they put emotion aside have been able to say:
He was a great player in his day
He’s a good captain who players look up to
He’s finished right now
He’s been finished for a while
It’s not his fault he keeps getting picked every week
…yet about six windows have gone by with us saying this and nothing has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.