2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled back the years somewhat did our Seamus in the Tottenham game today. He's a strange one, mind. Just when you think he's done and should be put out to pasture, he pops up with a top performance like that.

Rolled back the years somewhat did our Seamus in the Tottenham game today. He's a strange one, mind. Just when you think he's done and should be put out to pasture, he pops up with a top performance like that.
I don't remember the match but he did the same thing in the second half of last season. Absolutely dominated. Think it was after the restart.

Was quality today, can never fault his effort like but still think RB is the main area we need to upgrade.
Maybe so, but now think there may be a number of positions where we have previously struggled, due to our midfield being slaughtered, both with the ball and without it. Perhaps we should re-evaluate our squad in the light of not being battered all the time and now not incapable of creating chances. Just a thought.

He played fine if a better RB is available and we can afford it we should be going ahead with that deal though.

I thought he played well today, never looked in trouble.
Ok his days of bombing up and down the wing may be coming to an end, but with the midfield options and Hames and Richy occupying the wider positions and cutting inside maybe his role wont call for it as much as in previous seasons.
today reminded me of another game against spurs. Neville at rb and coleman at rm to do a job on bale. Coleman was relentless going forward and neville covered for the defensive side of things. Might have even been before he went on loan.
Now he knows how to defend all day but just can't be that marauding full back anymore. If i were kenny, i'd be watching him and digne 24/7

He played fine if a better RB is available and we can afford it we should be going ahead with that deal though.
Fine...? Come on.
he took a lot of flack for the way he handled the Son/Gomes thing, today he kept son out if the game and broke up supply to Kane. Led like a true captain today. Did the same in the last derby. The whole defense will look better now there’s midfield cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.