2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman.jpg

We saw more of the player of old towards the end of last season. I hope that continues into this season.

I don't want to talk about what a great servant he's been to the club as I hope he still has plenty to contribute. For the first time in many a year he has competition for his place, from a World Cup winner no less. I'm sure he'll welcome the competition.

Shock horror as he has been made club captain.

Baines continues as deputy with Sigurdsson, Davies, and Lucas Digne in the 'captaincy group'

Been our best player in pre season, he was in good form towards the end of last season too. I hope it continues.

Anyone who doesn’t respect Seamus knows nothing about football or life in general.
He was always a leader on the pitch and one of our very best players but his attitude and passion have always made him stand out.
I will never forget the game against Leicester, horrible season, horrible football but after coming back from such a horrific injury he came back same old attitude and determination which was summed up by him running half the length of the pitch in stoppage time to keep the ball away from our box and protect the three points.
He wasn’t the same player after he came back from injury but I started to see glimpses last year of peak Seamus. Would love to see him back to peak again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.