Scouse Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

A blue could make jokes about there off the pitch stuff like destroying the city centre, acting like thugs in Madrid, setting fire to Liver buildings etc but that would be seen as poor taste.
It's also the truth though. Any trophies they win, is for me cancelled out by their fans record of scummy behavior. Of course not all blues are holy angels either like. But their scum fans have free reign to do whatever they like, without suffering any consequences. Yeah our club is bit of a joke alright, but even if we don't win anything ever again. I'll always be grateful that i'm not a red.:)

I saw his stand-up act in a pub in the 1980s - he was a poor replacement to the comedian who never turned up.....
Saw him as the compere for a comedy night at The Brindley in Runcorn many years ago. Sang YNWA but insisted it was just because it's from a classic musical and nothing to do with footy.

Went to watch this last night (yeah, yeah I know, but I always go as its a bit of a tradition of ours to go see a show over Christmas)

Anyway, seen a few of these shows over the years and every one without fail always includes the unfunny Everton 'joke' and rarely a swipe at Liverpool for balance (last night it was the difficulty of finding our trophy room...ho, ho, hilarious)

So I got to thinking why is this?

The obvious answers are that Everton have given your typical third rate local scriptwriter plenty of material over the years for cheap shots to raise a cheap laugh. Added to that the writers are almost always gloryhunting reds and the majority in the audience will be too then perhaps it's understandable.

But then it dawned on me, when glancing around the room spotting the obvious blues shrugging the 'joke' off in time honoured fashion....can you imagine the absolute uproar there would be if a writer who was a blue aimed a cheap shot at them lot without providing another for balance? Fatwas against the writing team, boycotts of the theatre, no doubt an Echo special Investigation into the heracy on view in the city.

So whilst it's tiresome sitting through these things over and over again, it's not as uncomfortable as it could be if they ever did it to them.
Meh, I’d just lighten up

Went to watch this last night (yeah, yeah I know, but I always go as its a bit of a tradition of ours to go see a show over Christmas)

Anyway, seen a few of these shows over the years and every one without fail always includes the unfunny Everton 'joke' and rarely a swipe at Liverpool for balance (last night it was the difficulty of finding our trophy room...ho, ho, hilarious)

The obvious answers are that Everton have given your typical third rate local scriptwriter plenty of material over the years for cheap shots to raise a cheap laugh. Added to that the writers are almost always gloryhunting reds and the majority in the audience will be too then perhaps it's understandable.

But then it dawned on me, when glancing around the room spotting the obvious blues shrugging the 'joke' off in time honoured fashion....can you imagine the absolute uproar there would be if a writer who was a blue aimed a cheap shot at them lot without providing another for balance? Fatwas against the writing team, boycotts of the theatre, no doubt an Echo special Investigation into the heracy on view in the city.

So whilst it's tiresome sitting through these things over and over again, it's not as uncomfortable as it could be if they ever did it to them.
You’ve done a boss job of shrugging the joke off in time honoured fashion.

Should have just took your keks off mate and ragged the head off it, that’ll teach them thespians.

It's because we're cr4p m8

Remember seeing one of those end of decade shows in 2020 where they were predicting 20 things what would be around in 20 years and number 20 on the list was "Everton would still be mid table" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.