SC Paderborn 9th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this pre season has done anything it's actually dulled my excitement for the new season somewhat, been too used to seeing Everton play decent togger over the last 18 months. I really don't like the Everton I've watched in the last 5 games, boring as sin!

hahaha, what?

their opportunity comes when they get given competitive games.

we have 10 of our first 11 set in stone and the other place was a battle off between mcgeady and pienaar. they would have still been our fringe players, when they get competitve games and don't take them, that's when they haven't "grabbed the opportunity"

Only like having an audition for a film/theatre performance.
Even in front of no audience you have to be convincing. You may never get the chance for real sadly. Pre season has been a disaster, yes it doesn't really matter, but we do look very poor. Hopefully we will destroy Leicester next weekend.

imagine how unfit and unprepared lukaku and mirallas are gonna be , not a cats chance in hell of them being ready for next week and if there way behind the others fitness wise they got no chance of performing at there best v chelsea and arsenal

Looking at other teams pre season, they've also lost games, but they've won games too...something we've not done once. Just feels really strange not banging in a few goals past a team or two.

I'm not really bothered about results, but our performances have been dreadful, and dreadful by pre season standards. I've seen more of the kids and players that won't get a game, than i have players who need the match fitness.

Strange, strange pre season for me

If this pre season has done anything it's actually dulled my excitement for the new season somewhat, been too used to seeing Everton play decent togger over the last 18 months. I really don't like the Everton I've watched in the last 5 games, boring as sin!
whats happened to martinez passing and possesion game we dont look like being capable of passing and keeping possesion even slightly

Absolutely no chance.

absolutely no chance you say?

last season, beat arsenal and chelsea at home and drew our opener away to a team who have been replaced by leicester.

but sure, absolutely no chance you say, just to fit your moaning agenda

results have obviously been disappointing but the biggest worry for me is the players don't look fit enough to complete 90 minutes. Baines was f****d at the end of the game, barry barely moved except for the odd jog. Mcgeady can't be relied upon as a starting winger, he has the findamentals of a top level winger but then can't complete a pass to save his life.

With only a week to go and what i would think our strongest line up should be most of them don't look fit enough

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines

McCarthy - Barry

Mirallas - Barkley - Pienaar

Lukaku​

3 of that 11 i would say look ready to play the full 90 in the first league game. Coleman, Mirallas, Lukaku have pretty much had no pre season match fitness opportunities so have no chance of a full 90 minutes. Jags, Distin, Baines, Barry, Pienaar are all looking at about 70% fit so i doubt they will have much in the tank after 75 minutes or so.

I get that the world cup has meant planning this pre season has been a struggle but this is by far the worst pre season i have witnessed that i can remember.
take mirallas lukaku coleman and jags out of that and maybe pienaar im getting worried

Besic must be wondering what's going on.
Came here thinking he'll struggle to get a game all season and is head and shoulders above everyone there lol
Can't wait for Lukaku, Mirallas and Coleman to return so we can get a bit of football played.

Howard,Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines, Besic, McCarthy, Barkley, Mirallas, Pienaar, Lukaku, win.

Status
Not open for further replies.