Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
And someone earlier led me on to believe this was a good signing. One for the future is he? He joins a long queue all waiting for the future to turn up.

....the strategy is working, though, because it only takes one of the promising youngsters to succeed. In recent times, we’ve bought Stones, DCL, Holgate, Lookman et al who have been around the 1st team. Stones was sold for £50m. A number of such signings formed the backbone of the U23 success (Virginia, Gibson, Bowler, Hornby etc).

Brands is known for his contacts and knowledge in the S American market, I have no problem with these signings.

Fine, as long as we get rid at the same time of the large cluster of no hopers we are paying wages to. Our wage bill must be horrendous and is potentially dragging us back by reducing our scope and flexibility for planning our future squad.

Believe he has agreed personal terms and has signed for 15mil

Strange how these South American sources are still running with Sosa signing for us. Futbol Mercado (300k followers) has run with it again today.

I thought it was a no-go due to the work permit problem? Let's wait and see, I guess

I get what you mean, but you gotta trust in the scouting.

Fred, Kieta, both cost 50m, spending money doesnt mean you are getting a quality player.

This is the type of signing we all wanted from Brands, the under the radar South American at a reasonable cost. So whilst 15m isnt the chump change I claim and its certainly a gamble, its defo on the lower end of the dice rolling. I mean what if I told you we will exchange this fella for Besic, McCarthy and say for example Dowell and still come away with money in our pocket.

But as I say, you gotta trust in the scouting, trust in Brands, till he proves he cant be trusted.

He only signs ballers.
Brands track record suggests we’ve got to trust his judgement. I’m sure he was told to unearth talent that can be nurtured into the finished article, that will fit in with his and Silva’s ideology of how they want us to play. The alternative......paying 40m plus for the finished article, who we don’t know would settle in the premier league anyway.

i took the quotes from his dad about the passport thing as he would qualify for a european passport of some description by end of the year. could be completely wrong though

Yeah I was wondering about that. Are they trying to find some obscure family member of Italian/Spanish etc ancestry. Very strange comment

Status
Not open for further replies.