Transfer Rumour Sami Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think we are competing with? City and Liverpool are far better teams than Juve. Would you want to bring in a player who was miles from getting a game for City or Liverpool?. If the answer is yes then think about players like Fabian Delph or Rhian Brewster.

As for James, he is lovely to watch but if you think he is one of the best players in the League then you are on crack.

lol

I would rather we opt for a younger player with promise over Kherdira , but that is not davies he's been stagnant for years.
Khedira is a stopgap we definitely need more option in cm. Allan and Doucouré are good but if they are injured we need players better than Davies and Delph.

Who do you think we are competing with? City and Liverpool are far better teams than Juve. Would you want to bring in a player who was miles from getting a game for City or Liverpool?. If the answer is yes then think about players like Fabian Delph or Rhian Brewster.

As for James, he is lovely to watch but if you think he is one of the best players in the League then you are on crack.

Well firstly Juventus are every bit as good as Liverpool and City.

Secondly, we are not seriously competing with Liverpool and City. They too will both have players who dont play, or are deemed surplus to requirements who I'd have here. Wijnaldum, Stones etc etc.

Brewster I'd have had here the issue was the massive fee. But I dont want to go down that rabbit hole.

I find your analysis of James baffling. When he was playing, he was not just one of our best players, but one of the best in the league. He was the best player on the pitch by some distance in the derby etc. The issue is, he isnt going to be able to play 40+ games per season. I'm not sure why this evaluation is even questioned, never mind compared to being on crack. Wow.

More leaders is a good thing and he is a different type of midfielder to what we have now.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me on this one.
I agree - need winners in the squad.
Feel that he can play a Gareth Barry style role in the squad.
Doesnt have to start every week but gives us rotation options.

I think this would be a good signing we need someone who keeps the ball at the minute our ball retention is shocking we can't keep the ball for more that 4 passes. SK will help woth this alot it is a risk with his age and injured pass but so is every signing. If it a short deal I am alm for it adds winning mentality and a leader. Then we can look at a replacement in the summer. Let's trust carlo he has worked miracles so far COYB

Only Carlo will truly know what the squad needs. Maybe he sees a team of absolute cowards wilting whenever opportunity presents itself and thinks that they could do with an old head who has done it all before. On paper it’s not what I’d go for as I believe we need pace and power in there but a bit like the Olsen signing if he comes in and we start getting better performances from Allan Doucoure and Davies because of the competition then it’s nothing but a good thing.

I’ve got a funny feeling that we may also sell Delph in the window, recoup an FFP profit and Khedira may essentially cover his squad role.

Status
Not open for further replies.