Transfer Rumour Sami Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really liked him even at his peak, a physical animal with great positioning but he was never great on the ball. Fully willing to be proven wrong by Carlo through.

There are a couple of things worth noting.
1) At his best, Khedira would have been the best midfielder wed have had since Reid, arguably since Ball.

2) This "trust Ancelotti" mantra is never truer. He has worked with these players closely. He has a better insight than anyone in football on these players. That Khedria is willing to take a pay cut, to leave Juventus to play for Everton, tells you a lot about that bond.

That is not to say we are getting the best midfielder since Ball. But we want to get Khedira as close to 100% as possible. Weve got quite close with James.

I get peoples trepidation with signing older players but this could be similar to the time we signed Gareth Barry. Similar positions, similar pedigree,both had been there and done it. These players raise bars in terms for professionalism within squads,so as far as this one goes i'am all in.

Gareth Barry had an exemplary fitness record. He never went 13 months without playing a game of football.

There are a couple of things worth noting.
1) At his best, Khedira would have been the best midfielder wed have had since Reid, arguably since Ball.

2) This "trust Ancelotti" mantra is never truer. He has worked with these players closely. He has a better insight than anyone in football on these players. That Khedria is willing to take a pay cut, to leave Juventus to play for Everton, tells you a lot about that bond.

That is not to say we are getting the best midfielder since Ball. But we want to get Khedira as close to 100% as possible. Weve got quite close with James.
"Taking a pay cut " is relative and if the rumours about him being offered £140k a week for an 18 month contract are true it will mean that he will make more at Everton than staying at Juve.

Well when he was playing he was the best player in the league or one of. So all I can say, is we must be very very good if we cant accommodate him.
It is more his availability and we do lose something with his ability to win the ball. It is always a question of who is available to play at the same time. Of course he has a lot to offer but without others who can do all the tackling and covering his weakness is really exposed.

“Enlightenment is man's release from his self-incurred tutelage. Tutelage is man's inability to make use of his understanding without direction from another. Self-incurred is this tutelage when its cause lies not in lack of reason but in lack of resolution and courage to use it without direction from another".

you know jot about khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.