Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to go this week. If he doesn't then it smacks of a massive lack of ambition and discredits anything Moshiri has ever said.

The vast majority of stuff that "Moshiri" has supposedly said has come from jarg "ITK"s. (Jim White, the esk...)

Make zero mistake, the only ambition is retaining Europa League status and building a new stadium. Once that's completed, the club can then press on (ala Spurs).

Tell you what, fair play to Allardyce, he’s done an amazing job of creating and propagating a narrative where we were mired in the bottom 3 before he came along, when in fact we were 13th, with our awful run of fixtures out of the way, injury issues coming to an end and coming off the back of a 4-0 win against the side he managed to lose 3-1 against yesterday.

The vast majority of stuff that "Moshiri" has supposedly said has come from jarg "ITK"s. (Jim White, the esk...)

Make zero mistake, the only ambition is retaining Europa League status and building a new stadium. Once that's completed, the club can then press on (ala Spurs).
Yeah except that first part isn’t true. He’s stated himself that he wants to push the club forwards (and said that money is no object, effectively). Jim White is a **** but isn’t a “jarg ITK” on this matter, he definitively had direct communications with Moshiri for a time, for better or worse.

The last part has come from jarg ITK’s like @Number_25

Tell you what, fair play to Allardyce, he’s done an amazing job of creating and propagating a narrative where we were mired in the bottom 3 before he came along, when in fact we were 13th, with our awful run of fixtures out of the way, injury issues coming to an end and coming off the back of a 4-0 win against the side he managed to lose 3-1 against yesterday.

This really. He’s a con man, as is his mate who helped bring him in. Takes credit for other people’s work and throws anyone and everyone under the bus. It’ll be like a new signing when he’s gone......

Sam kept us up (debatable how much trouble we were actually in) but what he proved was he couldn't progress us any further, the opportunity was there for 6th and he chose not to take it, or even try to. That suggests to me that he can't get any higher than the 8th we achieved. The league this year was absolute rubbish the opportunity was there for the taking, and that's why he has to go.
I think this is the right answer.

We were in a mess... worse than some are admitting.
Sam steadied the ship and got us the points that we needed.
He couldn't or wouldn't see that staying out of relegation trouble was no longer his job after about the first half a dozen games.
He did show that he could keep us in the 7th -9th bracket but that was never going to be enough.
I think that his comments about Everton having the same ambition as Newcastle or West Ham did show that he did not fully understand the level of ambition needed at a club like Everton... even if it is rarely delivered.

I imagine that he is wandering around London now, having just scoffed a full English at Weatherstones with gravy and a pint. Must be absolutely great once you get your head around that you might not have a job, but you do have a minimum of 6 zeros on your bank account and can do what you goddamn like.

Having said that if you're on over 100k a week, then you wouldn't mind it dragging on a few weeks if the pay off was the same. Who wouldn't want an extra few hundred grand?

Big Scam ain't going to make a sound about anything until he is told he can. I can see this dragging on into next week at latest, and then all the announcements of incomings been done all at once. After the 5 week farce getting a new manager in, I think Moshiri will not want a re-run of this, so once everyone incoming is arranged, he can go. Having said that, if the transfer window opens on Friday (?), it would be preferable to have the new guys in asap this week, so they can get to work (officially) straight away.

Yeah except that first part isn’t true. He’s stated himself that he wants to push the club forwards (and said that money is no object, effectively). Jim White is a **** but isn’t a “jarg ITK” on this matter, he definitively had direct communications with Moshiri for a time, for better or worse.

The last part has come from jarg ITK’s like @Number_25
Indeed he has.
cb981c55edf34fa484316d38a56af693.jpg

'Recapture the glory days of the past, and build sustained success in the future.'

Status
Not open for further replies.