Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royle didn't have the 3rd best side in England.

Didnt he?

Im almost certain that in 1995 Everton were most defo the 3rd best club in England, based on trophies.

He resigned didn't he MG as the board blocked him trying to sign Tore Andre Flo.

Or it was mutual consent....I don't think he was sacked.

Figure of speech fam.

But do you consider Joe Royle a failure?

Thanks for the thoughtful mega-post which proved an interesting read. Its good to get some detail from the other side of the fence and this was much better than the pure mudslinging so thank you!
In terms of content I think you actually did all the things you criticized others for in cherrypicking and not focusing on the big picture but hey ho... I think i disagreed with all your point but that's ok - I don't mind if you don't.
Should our current manager stay and be our manager next season I think its safe to say we will avoid relegation.

Thanks for reading mate. I much prefer proper discussion than either gravy comments, or blind loyalty to any manager or dumbly accepting 7th as our ceiling.

I don't feel I've cherrypicked items myself really. I completely understand the frustration and why pretty much everyone is against him staying any longer, but I feel I've considered my points and have a balanced overall view. I'm not pro-Sam, I'm just not anti-Sam at all costs as most are. I'd prefer him over some complete gamble, which I think Silva would be.

Sorry mate but I find it hard to take you seriously. I 100% disagree with you on everything you say regards Allardyce and you are a total hypocrit over your fans being precious comment, because thats exactly what you're being over thr fans criticism of the manager.

That's fine mate, don't expect anyone to agree.
I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness and OTT outrage, overreaction and mythical re-writing of his career or achievements and some of the points of view on Allardyce and this seasons situation.

It's not hypocritical or precious to point out the difference between the personal abuse levelled at our manager who has stopped us being relegation fodder and those being utterly outraged at his every little comment, which is exactly what happens on here or twitter or many of my mates whenever almost anything he says is published.

I mean, to make this point, Joe Royle won the FA cup for Everton in 1995, the next year he was sacked, Everton finished 15th, I mean granted it was the season after, but did Joe Royle fail in his duties as Everton manager?

Joe wasn’t sacked the folowing year......he resigned in the spring of ‘97 after Johnson refused to sanction the purchase of Torre Andre Flo.

The season after we won the cup, the ‘95/96 season, we finished 6th, pipped for a UEFA Cup place by Arsenal on the last day of the sesson either on GD or by a point or two.

I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness and OTT outrage, overreaction and mythical re-writing of his career or achievements and some of the points of view on Allardyce and this seasons situation.

It's not hypocritical or precious to point out the difference between the personal abuse levelled at our manager who has stopped us being relegation fodder and those being utterly outraged at his every little comment, which is exactly what happens on here or twitter or many of my mates whenever almost anything he says is published.
I said before I'm finding it hard to take you seriously but now I'm certain you're just a WUM, and not a very good one at that. See yah.

You rewrote his career by talking about multiple top 6 finishes. And then about how Bilic built on BS good work. However, when the teams then get relegated, after BS it’s not his fault but the new manager, and players/board etc. It’s like you are speaking on behalf of sam. Takes the credit when it’s good, places the blame when it’s bad.

You rewrote his career by talking about multiple top 6 finishes. Seriously, have some ambition.
And I realised I got his WHU finishes wrong. Doesnt mean he had done a bad job there, or anywhere else he has been.

And again, this is one of my points. Those who are extremely vocal against Sam accusing those who aren't of having no ambition, whilst most of which still believe that Koeman or Unsworth were going to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.