Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far in 2018 we have conceded 17 goals in 8 league games.We have only won 2 league games, since our win over Swansea on December 18th.We have lost all our other games since then, with the exception of a draw against the mighty West Brom.

Sure there was an initial honeymoon period for about a month, but overall Sam Allardyce is not good enough to manage our club.The stats i highlighted, tell us all we need to know really.There is no hiding place for the Big Sam fanatics.The stats are not on your side.

So far in 2018 we have conceded 17 goals in 8 league games.We have only won 2 league games, since our win over Swansea on December 18th.We have lost all our other games since then, with the exception of a draw against the mighty West Brom.

Sure there was an initial honeymoon period for about a month, but overall Sam Allardyce is not good enough to manage our club.The stats i highlighted, tell us all we need to know really.There is no hiding place for the Big Sam fanatics.The stats are not on your side.

Big Sam fanatics? Are you mad?

I think it is fair to say that the fanbase haven't been this united about getting rid of the manager for a very long time, if ever.

Not really mate.
Koeman had a 95% sack poll just before his sacking.
Last check on the sam out poll created yesterday, only 85% want him gone.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment:

The last three managers have been: two of Europe's upcoming managerial stars and a well-regarded veteran who managed to briefly (if surprisingly) ascend to the England job until greed and his gob (speaking truth, to be fair) landed him on a hidden camera in a way that the FA could not ignore.

None of them were able to deliver sustained success in the league. Bright starts fizzled out each time, only each time it happened faster than the time before.

Can anyone explain to me why any manager worthy of targeting would actually accept the position right now? Said manager would be inheriting a Benny Hill skit at the back and an attack that is arguably best described as 'maintain possession in your own half and hope that Rooney scores a wonder goal from within said half to win 1-0 if the Benny Hill skit somehow manages not to concede.'

Comolli at least managed to turn up Suarez when he was squandering the Torres money and FSG's capital investment. This past summer looks more like Levy squandering the Bale money, in retrospect. To paraphrase Mark Cuban, is there anyone on the club's board or in the club's management structure that you would hire to manage a Dairy Queen right now?

Being brutally honest: address those problems before firing Allardyce, unless you believe that Unsworth will bring home extra points and the resulting TV revenues.

I'm skeptical there. With three or four fixtures left to run, take a punt on the boost from swapping managers. Right now? Not so sure.

As much as I dislike Big Sam's managerial skills, or lack thereof, I don't buy this idea that he's just here for the money and is indifferent as to how well we do.

I met Big Sam at a function not long after the FA Cup defeat at Anfield and he seemed really gutted about it. He also said that he thought there hadn't been an Everton team that was worthy of the Everton fanbase for almost 30 years.

Yes, we're not in a much better position than we were when Rhino left, but I just don't get the accusations about Big Sam not caring.

So what if he laughed when the interviewer told him that we fans hated him? He was hardly going to break down in tears. That's just not his style.

As much as I dislike Big Sam's managerial skills, or lack thereof, I don't buy this idea that he's just here for the money and is indifferent as to how well we do.

I met Big Sam at a function not long after the FA Cup defeat at Anfield and he seemed really gutted about it. He also said that he thought there hadn't been an Everton team that was worthy of the Everton fanbase for almost 30 years.

Yes, we're not in a much better position than we were when Rhino left, but I just don't get the accusations about Big Sam not caring.

So what if he laughed when the interviewer told him that we fans hated him? He was hardly going to break down in tears. That's just not his style.
I keep on going back and forth on this part. When asked why Fat Sam came back, he simply said "it's Everton, you don't say 'no' to a club that size". I think he has the respect for the club but I think he's just absolutely clueless. Which makes how we have been setting up defensively over the last 15 matches even more peculiar.

@MarcoM

200w.gif
Big Scam doing a Richard Gere with a hamster in this gif.

Is he still here?

I don't see how he can be defended at this point and I have been patient as have all of us.

the last 2 matches have seen 2 managers make tactical changes during the match which have completely thrown him and he did nothing to counter it. Both managers realised that putting an extra attacker on against our defence would cause problems and it's worked both games, he changed nothing but made poor like for like subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.