Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly has no understanding of what it is to be an Evertonian. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum doesn't mean we have the same expectations as Newcastle or West Ham, it means no matter what the circumstances we demand the best from all those involved in our club, once you have shown you neither care enough nor have the ability to deliver the best available, then your time here is up. Time to move him on today, his beliefs are incompatible with the beliefs of this club and it's fans

Actually, just awaiting the imminent arrival of the gas man to mend my temperamental gas boiler. In case, I’m otherwise detained, would some other like-minded member issue it on my behalf (try to keep it clean!).

Arrogant pig. He knows nothing about our club and the more he speaks, the more it sounds like he holds the average fan in utter contempt. I’m personally surprised he’s not said “what more do they want” or words to that effect.

When Unsworth took over we were 18th.

When Allardyce took over we were 4 points clear of 18th.

After £50m spent we are 7 points clear of 18th.

Unsy gained us 4 points over the bottom 3 (in 7 games), Allardyce 3 over the bottom 3(in 14 games).

Yet one will get painted as out of his depth and the other as the man who saved our season.

Staggering isn’t it, also the fact that Unsy’s last game gave the team a bit of confidence to kick on a little bit......

When Unsworth took over we were 18th.

When Allardyce took over we were 4 points clear of 18th.

After £50m spent we are 7 points clear of 18th.

Unsy gained us 4 points over the bottom 3 (in 7 games), Allardyce 3 over the bottom 3(in 14 games).

Yet one will get painted as out of his depth and the other as the man who saved our season.
The only person who will be saying he saved our season is himself mate.

I know it is the rule to dismiss everything that Allardyce says and does, but sometimes what he says although unpopular, i.e. we don't want to hear it, rings true. EFC success and Everton style is a distant memory, as it is for the other two clubs he mentioned, although theirs was far less success and far longer ago. As fans we have never lost our ego and belief we are a big club. Nobody else thinks we are a big club, as becomes obvious when you talk to fans of other clubs. That has been the case for years. What makes it far worse is we live in a city where the other team, although also unsuccessful for years, still believe they are a top club with world wide support based on a glorious period of European success. The media rave about them. They never drift far from the top and always believe next year will be the one. We have reached a playing level where Bournemouth and Watford and West Ham are our equals. We might struggle to beat Brighton next week. Allardyce says it as it is, he is managing a struggling unsuccessful club (again). The fans have never accepted the fact of our fall in terms of footballing status, and demand entertaining football. Poor recruitment has produced a squad of players without the flair and ability to entertain. He is definitely not the man to lead an Everton revival. We have the money but no leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.