Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently though it's because we've been more attacking lol

The best hope is that we manage to limp to the end of the season and get a new manager in whilst we are still in the league mate sadly, hopefully he takes the DoF with him, can't see much as I'd love it that we will sack him this season bar a catastrophe.

Biggest worry is that if we don't buy this January any more then we may well be royally involved in a relegation scrap come april/may, and if we do buy we will go for the short term fixes who will just make whoever comes in afters job all that more difficult

Managed to score 2 goals in the first half of the 10 games under Allardcye so far, Failed to score in 4 of the last 5 games, scored only 9 goals in those 10 games - and 2 of those where pens

And he's being paid £6m pa for it. Still, he was the only person on the face of the planet who could save us.

Nope he's been shocking since he let it be known he was wanting this job mate

Saying that over the past 5 games form he has gained double the points Allardyce has managed... and also progressed into the next round of the FA Cup which we got dumped out of...

So what's that say about Allrdyce?

Yeah, Watford should have been well aware players don't respond when the manager is known to want away.

Lads, we should be grateful he's here:

Sam Allardyce has never been one to shy away from pointing out his own worth. When Fabio Capello announced he was to step down from the England job, Allardyce suggested himself as an appropriate successor.

Yesterday the man who has managed Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn with a robustness that brings Arsène Wenger out in a cold sweat declared he would be the perfect candidate to be in charge of Real Madrid.

This afternoon Allardyce will send his Blackburn side out to face Fulham, but yesterday he said that he would be "better suited" to sitting in the Real dugout for their La Liga trip to Real Sociedad. And if Real were – if you can imagine the circumstances – to rid themselves of Jose Mourinho with his three European trophies and league titles in England and Italy, and replace him with Allardyce (one League of Ireland title and a League Cup runners-up medal) then they would see the European Cup back at the Bernabeu every season he was resident in the Spanish capital.

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid," said Allardyce. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

It is a point Allardyce has made at regular intervals since he took Bolton into the top eight of the Premier League for four successive seasons, albeit never quite as quixotically as this.

Full article: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-i-should-be-manager-of-real-madrid-not-blackburn-2082454.html?amp

Honestly, he could be at Real. Show some respect!

:D

Real Salt Lake City more like :)

Not a big fan of BFS but I was willing to give him the opportunity to prove me wrong.

After a half decent start the wheels are starting to come off.

But for me the players hold equal, if not more, responsibility for our failings.

They are a bunch of money grabbing spineless wasters in the main.

This is where I stand too.

Reading his post match comments I believe he will rid us of the gutless and now he knows who they all are.

His job for me is simple. Use his vast experience to rid the club of the wasters we employ and we go again next season under new management.

Sam Allardyce has never been one to shy away from pointing out his own worth. When Fabio Capello announced he was to step down from the England job, Allardyce suggested himself as an appropriate successor.

Yesterday the man who has managed Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn with a robustness that brings Arsène Wenger out in a cold sweat declared he would be the perfect candidate to be in charge of Real Madrid.

This afternoon Allardyce will send his Blackburn side out to face Fulham, but yesterday he said that he would be "better suited" to sitting in the Real dugout for their La Liga trip to Real Sociedad. And if Real were – if you can imagine the circumstances – to rid themselves of Jose Mourinho with his three European trophies and league titles in England and Italy, and replace him with Allardyce (one League of Ireland title and a League Cup runners-up medal) then they would see the European Cup back at the Bernabeu every season he was resident in the Spanish capital.

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid," said Allardyce. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

It is a point Allardyce has made at regular intervals since he took Bolton into the top eight of the Premier League for four successive seasons, albeit never quite as quixotically as this.

Full article: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-i-should-be-manager-of-real-madrid-not-blackburn-2082454.html?amp

Just to correct that, Sam has never won the league of Ireland, he did win the old 2nd divison with Limerick and gained promotion, but nobody in their right mind would say he has one LOI title to his name

And he's being paid £6m pa for it. Still, he was the only person on the face of the planet who could save us.

Yeah, Watford should have been well aware players don't respond when the manager is known to want away.

Problem now for us is has Silva been damaged that badly by whats happened that he either would not take the job or if he did that his rep amongst players will have been permanently damaged so as to not get the respect etc - and we have seen where that ends up...

As i pointed out to you the other day mate, Allardyce will cost the club 11m in total for his time here (be that 3 months or a year and a half) 9m in wages (which we will need to pay off to get bid early) and 2m compensation to Palace to get him initially. Throw in all the staff we have brought in at his bequest, and their contracts which you assume will also have to be paid off when he goes, then you are more than likely looking at 13-14m quid in total.

All we are missing so far is the buying of Andy Carroll and Antonio for 35-40m on 100k pw each to round off the damage

An hilarious YouTube about Sam Allardyce that is partly based on those very quotes:

Said this in the match thread but I don't feel the manager is the issue anymore, it's the players. As much as I don't like sams total defence tactics, yesterday we did attack spurs. We did attack United, we did attack Chelsea and we attacked liverpool. It's the players who aren't good enough, I'm sorry but the lack of shots and shots on target despite actually being near the spurs box yesterday shows just how bad we are.

The players just don't play together, and it's a failure that we keep playing the same players together and wondering why it isn't working. I said the same under koeman and it's still true. These 100 million plus attackers can't even create or shoot to have a chance of winning a game so it makes no odds how we play defensively if when we attack we just give the ball away.

This is the short version of my thought.

Watch the Moshiri interview on the Everton website and our clueless decision making make total sense imo

'We have our own fab four'

It's just insulting to the fans intelligence after a disgrace of a season which has resulted in a humiliating European campaign, a terrible performance in the league and yet another failure against Liverpool. To top it all off we have Sam Allardyce in charge.

He'd need 19-23 points from here, or 6-7 wins from 15. Where's he suddenly winning 40% of his games from when he's managed 3 in 12?
1.3 ppg sees us on 47, so I don’t reckon 46-50 is far off. His premier league average is 1.2 which would See us on 42/43. We’ll be safe but it won’t be pretty and he should be sacked at the end of season.

Sam needs to put his ear plugs in and go back to the 'thou shalt not pass forward' philosophy/game plan. That should get us through to May without getting dragged back into a relegation scrap, then we can take stock. Whether that be a new manager - which will inevitably mean starting from scratch - or sticking with Sam and really looking at where things need to be improved via very careful, detailed analysis but get that bit absolutely spot on this time. Let's face it, RK and SW had all summer and they didn't do their jobs properly. Although Sam has never been my first choice - and this bit is controversial amongst the fan base - I think we should give him a chance to demonstrate he can get teams playing progressive football, others will want to pull the plug and start afresh with a Silva like appointment. Regardless of what we do, the bottom line is we MUST stay in the PL or we can kiss goodbye to any sort of future, it's that simple. So let's just accept that our game plan for rest of season has to be stop the opposition and try and nick one on the break or from a set piece.
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.