Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he will have to sit down with a few of them, its not the young players i want to see going out on loan, id prefer to see the also rans like Besic and Mirallas
Yeah, but there'd be no point sending them out on loan unless it's a last resort to get them off the wage bill if we can't sell them.
Loaning the kids, who aren't in our 25 player squad would at least get them experience and set them up to challenge for the squad next season.

Mirralas would`ve gone to them in the Summer, if it`d been a permanent deal.

Can`t see their fans being too happy with Jags and McCarthy tbh.
Reid is out for a while isn't he? and Collins doesn't seem to be playing. Jags as a short term fix wouldn't be bad and he argubally played his best football under Moyes.

So far, so good.
Since his arrival we seem to have better organization both on and off the pitch, we are scoring goals are defending much better and the threat of a relegation scrap has subsided somewhat.
He seems to handle the press really well and as long as he stays away from the word phenomenal and cliches like "but this is football" he will remain credible, he's definitely growing on me.
It will be interesting to see how his first transfer window with us pans out.

It's a results business and Sam has turned our fortunes around. The games have not been pretty and we are a far shot from where we want to be, but with the current squad (following a poor recruitment in the summer) we have to cut our cloth accordingly and grind out results. I firmly believe that following this transfer window, we will consolidate an upper mid table finish and then in the summer Sam will be able to put his real stamp on the team and he will look to push for top 4 with a more open style of play.

It's a results business and Sam has turned our fortunes around. The games have not been pretty and we are a far shot from where we want to be, but with the current squad (following a poor recruitment in the summer) we have to cut our cloth accordingly and grind out results. I firmly believe that following this transfer window, we will consolidate an upper mid table finish and then in the summer Sam will be able to put his real stamp on the team and he will look to push for top 4 with a more open style of play.

While I agree with your first sentence, I very much doubt that BFS will be able to take the team any further. When has he ever adopted a more open style of play? I accept that he has not often had the opportunity, but he has never shown the inclination.

We may be able to reach seventh place. With the Premier League in its current state, that is not a big ambition. But anything beyond that is very unlikely given the financial structure of the league.

Yes, an outsider may have a good season - as Leicester did. Yes, one of the Top Six may falter - perhaps Arsenal when Wenger leaves. But the prospect of permanent change is very remote.

The Hammers fans are going to love McCarthy in particular.

West Ham and McCarthy you say? Excellent excuse to see...

tackle.jpg

It warms the heart.

You can enjoy Everton's improved results at home. But when I go to the match, I want to enjoy that too.

Until now, I have given Everton matches - and all their varied kick-offs - priority over other events. But Everton must offer entertainment to make the trips worthwhile.

So I'll be very interested to learn Big Sam's plans for the future, and to see who he buys in January to fulfil them.

While I agree with your first sentence, I very much doubt that BFS will be able to take the team any further. When has he ever adopted a more open style of play? I accept that he has not often had the opportunity, but he has never shown the inclination.

We may be able to reach seventh place. With the Premier League in its current state, that is not a big ambition. But anything beyond that is very unlikely given the financial structure of the league.

Yes, an outsider may have a good season - as Leicester did. Yes, one of the Top Six may falter - perhaps Arsenal when Wenger leaves. But the prospect of permanent change is very remote.

Merry Xmas .

Status
Not open for further replies.