Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's refreshing to actually have a manager who can see the bigger picture.

Koeman and Martinez have gone all guns blazing against them and we've came out with our tails between our legs.

If we can begin to build a team capable enough to challenge and compete maybe we can step up and give a bit more attacking wise. For now though- I'm happy to take the spoils out of games like this.

It's refreshing to actually have a manager who can see the bigger picture.

Koeman and Martinez have gone all guns blazing against them and we've came out with our tails between our legs.

If we can begin to build a team capable enough to challenge and compete maybe we can step up and give a bit more attacking wise. For now though- I'm happy to take the spoils out of games like this.

With him in charge that would have been at least 4 today, regardless of whether they rested players or not.

Thank you Sam, for your tactics and result allowing a Liverpool manager to have a melt down over a ‘controversial decision’ against the beloved reds. Seriously this is the first time I’ve seen a Liverpool manager implode after a derby. :dance:

Isn't there a famous story about Dalglish having a meltdown in the dressing room after the 4-4, that supposedly involved Grobblear pinning him by the throat up against a wall. He quit a few days later.

Although that was in private not in front of millions like German Keegan today.

The pen was absolutely lucky. I didn't think it was one for a start. I have to confess that I enjoy when we get a dodgy decision against Liverpool because of the rage my mates have is hilarious, but I'm not a blind partisan. It's the sort of soft decisions that I despise in the game when they go against us. Had the ref not given it, I don't think I could complain too much.

Liverpool are soft as hell. What annoyed me is that we didn't try to out muscle them or rough them up a bit. It was just so lacklustre.

The pen was not lucky at all, Lovren pushed DCL in the box and it was clear to the ref and every single red eyed pundit, even the unspeakable Carra had to admit it. No doubt it was soft and no doubt they should've hammered us, but you have to give Sam credit for what we achieved today and hope we can build on it. This is the first real opportunity Allardyce has had to prove what he can do beyond a relegation scrap at the top level, I don't hold out too much hope, but for Gawd's sake give him a chance. Your comments re the pen are just plain wrong and mark you out as a Samoaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.