Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, we've brought in a manager for a 'fire-fight' to 'save us from relegation' when we're 13th with some very favourable fixtures and a tfr window right around the corner.

but we don't always win our favourable fixtures ffs

We literally just got battered by a Southampton team that had scored about 10 goals prior to Sunday

Particularly after last night it does feel like we hit the panic button a bit early. That said, it seems like the position we were in in the league meant that decent young managers (Silva, Fonseca, Simeone(?)) weren't interested in the job.

The truth is the prospect of relegation, however remote, is a massive risk to us given where we are with trying to secure finance for the new stadium. Ensuring our position in this division is secure has to be the priority.
Silva was there for the taking. Moshiri wasn't prepared to pay the money. Besides him there are lots of other options.

How was Allarcyce the only game in town after Silva? Still need that explaining to me.

No mate we’re not, yes we’re rubbish at the minute but I believe we still have a lot of talent in the squad. We just need a decent manager.

but we are in a fight

you're denying facts to say we aren't

and because we let the search go on for so long, and we did get worse in that time, really - or at least the confidence of the squad did - then we ended up going for the only 'decent' manager who would take us in Sam.

Unsworth couldn't do it. Not all season. Not fair on him or anybody really.

No mate we’re not, yes we’re rubbish at the minute but I believe we still have a lot of talent in the squad. We just need a decent manager.
We do have a good bit of talent but we have an awful lot of dross, Martina, and sad to say but Jags, Baines and Williams are over the hill. Lennon is a good pro but bang average, we sold one of the world's best young strikers and did not in any way replace him. We're in the mire, make no mistake.

We beat a horrible West Ham 4-0

Against any decent side this season we've been battered

We're very much still in the throngs of a survival season

I'm not happy with the appointment, but I can't deny we needed a fire fighter

I would have rather we'd gone for Dyche instead, but hey-ho

Correction: we needed a new manager.

A fire fighter?

No.

Silva was there for the taking. Moshiri wasn't prepared to pay the money. Besides him there are lots of other options.

How was Allarcyce the only game in town after Silva? Still need that explaining to me.

Watford wouldn't budge. We offered big sums.

If Moshiri wasn't prepared to pay the money, he wouldn't have sanctioned a £6m salary for Sam, would he...

He'd have kept Unsworth in the hope we may just survive.

but we don't always win our favourable fixtures ffs

We literally just got battered by a Southampton team that had scored about 10 goals prior to Sunday

For whatever reason away games are a no no right now, but that wont go on forever.

We actually do have a decent record in our favourable fixtures, sure we don't win them all but not many teams do. We're one of the better sides for winning games against the lower teams.

Alladyve doesn't have a particularly great win % in his career either, just cos he's come in doesnt mean we'll instantly start winning games we hadn't previously.

I just can't see him and his gang being here too long at all.

He'll probably stabilise a ship that wasn't as unstable as we all feared anyway, and that will be about it. Then we can move on again.

But we won't see much progression for a little while. Best to get used to that idea for a bit.

I agree with this broadly. But perhaps also; the youngsters we have at the moment would benefit from Championship loans rather than the confidence-battering Premiership slog. Calvert-Lewin in particular. If Allardyce put those lads on loan I think this would be alright.

Also progress for me would also look like getting rid of Williams, Jagielka, Mirallas, Schneiderlin, Klaassen - albeit with Corrupt Sam's record we don't know who would come in to replace them.

I think this is going to be 8 months of major change at the club. Elstone won't survive, and he's the CEO, so that is a huge change.

We did offer around £12m.

Maybe we should have gone further, but then again I think Silva would be mental to jump ship to us given the state we were in a week or so ago. Same for Dyche.

Anyway, it's done now.

Things can change in the summer. If that's the plan, and Moshiri is willing to take a hit to get rid of Sam then, then that's on him.

It is done yes.

Clean slate from me too.

Just want us to do well now.

But right is right and wrong is wrong.

Watford wouldn't budge. We offered big sums.

If Moshiri wasn't prepared to pay the money, he wouldn't have sanctioned a £6m salary for Sam, would he...

He'd have kept Unsworth in the hope we may just survive.

Koeman was getting the same. It's hardly an additional outlay if the club were paying it to Koeman before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.