Transfer Rumour Salomon Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's basically a slower version of Tosun.
No. He's strong, can control a football, has a footballing brain and an okay (though not spectacular) goal record in leagues outside Turkey. And I'll wager that despite never being blessed with pace, he's still faster now at 32 than Tosun was at 22.

Rondon not a world-beater, but Tosun is genuinely one of the most sorry excuses for a footballer I have ever witnessed.

I’ll never forget that coming together with McCarthy, horrendous accident but iirc he was genuinely torn up about it.
If he is coming and he’s still got a bit about him, I think he will be an effective option from the bench.
I became a rondon superfan that day. Not literally, but I've always had the time of day for him since.

No competent DoF in the Premier League in their right mind would sanction a deal for a 32 year old who in his last transfer simply took the pay day in China.

It can't be any more obvious that this is a mercenary. How hasn't Brands learned his lesson by now? What next, throw £20m at Oscar on £200k a week just to really hammer home how useless he is?

This is clearly a Benitez request signing, but FFS he's the DoF, you just say no to it.

I'll be the first to admit that the Rondon at Newcastle was a useful player. Not a world beater but not abysmal. But that China move disqualifies him as far as I'm concerned; it's a dreadful transfer if it happens.

No competent DoF in the Premier League in their right mind would sanction a deal for a 32 year old who in his last transfer simply took the pay day in China.

It can't be any more obvious that this is a mercenary. How hasn't Brands learned his lesson by now? What next, throw £20m at Oscar on £200k a week just to really hammer home how useless he is?

This is clearly a Benitez request signing, but FFS he's the DoF, you just say no to it.

I'll be the first to admit that the Rondon at Newcastle was a useful player. Not a world beater but not abysmal. But that China move disqualifies him as far as I'm concerned; it's a dreadful transfer if it happens.
DoF and manager have to sign off on the deal. The general standard in China may be poor, but that doesn’t mean he is. That is for the DoF to assess.
The cost of the deal has to be right. We need a second striker that the manager trusts enough to actually use for next to no money. That seems to be the reality. If he is on a short deal, it may be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.