Sad News - Our friend, Roydo

Thanks to all who have messaged me direct. I've had over 50, which is testament to Mark. I usually only ever get messages complaining about stuff but they're all nice ones regarding Mark - I'll reply to all asap. I've spent the day gardening, sulking and trying to ignore the news. Mark was genuinely such a lovely gent. A common comment has been he was the best of us, and it's very true. When you run a site like this it can be pretty lonely at times, 90% of the time you're dealing with problems and being a miserable arse who can't have any favouritism but he was one of very few who could immediately cut through that. I recall calling him in the hour after hearing about Nikki and almost embarrassingly, the call become him settling me, rather than the other way. "Dan, it's ok. It'll be ok". The fella had just lost his partner and was telling me it would be ok. The measure of the man.

Although Mark was a massive part of the site and we all want to mark his passing, it's of course important to be mindful to respect family wishes. Marks nephew will come back to me regarding donations in his memory, and inclusion in official Everton programme etc.

I believe the charity with be one which supported Marks autistic son. So please get ready to dig deep to support in Marks memory.

Sorry I've had to share such crap news. This thread is by some distance the crappest one I've ever had to start. Thanks to everyone who has replied - I'm sure they're of comfort to his family. I can only hope to have even 10% of the messages Mark has had once I check out. What a gent.

Such sad news. The internet is such a strange and brilliant invention. I wouldn't have known Mark if I bumped into him in the street, yet every time I logged on here I would see Roydo, and feel like I somewhat knew him. A fantastic poster and reading through the posts clearly fantastic man behind those posts

He'll be a huge miss on here. RIP.

Thanks to all who have messaged me direct. I've had over 50, which is testament to Mark. I usually only ever get messages complaining about stuff but they're all nice ones regarding Mark - I'll reply to all asap. I've spent the day gardening, sulking and trying to ignore the news. Mark was genuinely such a lovely gent. A common comment has been he was the best of us, and it's very true. When you run a site like this it can be pretty lonely at times, 90% of the time you're dealing with problems and being a miserable arse who can't have any favouritism but he was one of very few who could immediately cut through that. I recall calling him in the hour after hearing about Nikki and almost embarrassingly, the call become him settling me, rather than the other way. "Dan, it's ok. It'll be ok". The fella had just lost his partner and was telling me it would be ok. The measure of the man.

Although Mark was a massive part of the site and we all want to mark his passing, it's of course important to be mindful to respect family wishes. Marks nephew will come back to me regarding donations in his memory, and inclusion in official Everton programme etc.

I believe the charity with be one which supported Marks autistic son. So please get ready to dig deep to support in Marks memory.

Sorry I've had to share such crap news. This thread is by some distance the crappest one I've ever had to start. Thanks to everyone who has replied - I'm sure they're of comfort to his family. I can only hope to have even 10% of the messages Mark has had once I check out. What a gent.

Well said…..

Been hard for you, this, clearly and understandably. Sorry to hear you get so much grief about how stuff goes wrong on here, you shouldn't. This creation of yours had made a community and fellowship that (for me at least) goes way beyond a game where millionaires boot a balloon about and dive around to try and rob credits from betting companies. Danny, anybody who complains just needs binning off for being ungrateful entitled blerts. Thanks for the GOT, thanks for creating it, thanks for giving us a venue for a bunch of loons to chat absolute wham and have a laugh, support one another and get to know other loveable nutters at a distance. Thanks also to all the mods who give up their time to keep the place almost civil, a thankless task.

These are the sort of things that society should award gongs for. Not business millionaires and aristocrats. Keep strong la.

Thank you for being the messenger, it wasn't an angle I had considered, and to carry that for us all is testament to your commitment. ;)