Sad News - Our friend, Roydo

Always thought of him as a man of great dignity, how his partner passing bared his soul on here.
It was apparent that was his true life partner yet he spoke in such affectionate terms and kept his grief close for solace.
A very kind soul and a great loss to this community.
R.I.P. Roydo, you're back together now. X

I wanted to take a bit of time to reflect and find the right words but to be honest there are none.

Hit me like a punch to the gut when I read the news. People might think it's crazy I've been taking to someone for years and only learned their name after they passed but they don't understand how a community where you share your thoughts and feelings creates such bonds.

Roydo was all heart and a proper gentleman. He had empathy for all and always gave people a chance. His posts practically shone with love when he talked about his Nikki and although his family must be devastated by loss we can believe now they are reunited again.

He remembered details about people and brought them into conversations, made them feel they belonged. He was well informed and educated in his opinions but never made people feel small. His experience in a highly paid but pressured job and his descriptions of how he preferred his delivery job and how fulfilling he found it was a factor in me stepping down from a managerial role which has led to be feeling so much happier in my life. And he was funny too, loved the silly stuff but never mean jibes.

My only regret is we only lived a few miles from each other and never met. I always hoped one day we and the other Bristol based Blues would get together for a match day pint or something but that's life, you always think there will be time.

I'll always remember and cherish talking with you Roydo, you'll be really missed mate and never forgotten.

Rest in peace brother.

Another point, it's always been a concern of mine that people could go and nobody would realise.

I've asked in the past about if there are any solutions how best to approach this so if anyone has any ideas I think in the future it might help people.

It would be awful for someone who you've been talking to for decades just to disappear and you never knew what happened.

We opened this weeks TalkingtheBlues podcast with our tribute to Mark...

That can't have been easy mate. Well done pal, don't think I'd have kept it together. Hugs xx

Another point, it's always been a concern of mine that people could go and nobody would realise.

I've asked in the past about if there are any solutions how best to approach this so if anyone has any ideas I think in the future it might help people.

It would be awful for someone who you've been talking to for decades just to disappear and you never knew what happened.
Been a worry of mine ever since @Pat's Van stopped posting and i used to wonder what had become of him every time i saw his name.
Was good to see him post in here albeit under such circumstance.

I've told my Mrs the first people she tells are you lot on here and my mates in my WhatsApp group.
My family, the blood ones, can wait until my GOT family have been told. I spend more time with you lot lol

Been a worry of mine ever since @Pat's Van stopped posting and i used to wonder what had become of him every time i saw his name.
Was good to see him post in here albeit under such circumstance.

I've told my Mrs the first people she tells are you lot on here and my mates in my WhatsApp group.
My family, the blood ones, can wait until my GOT family have been told. I spend more time with you lot lol
Missus has been told to send you a message xxxx