Round of 16, The Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to get liverpool id honestly rather just get it over with, rather than getting through to the quarters/semis and having to go through it then.

But yeah, lets get through thursday first.

Oh yeah... Worth pointing out too that if both us and Liverpool get through, and we're both drawn either home or away (matching ties) in the first leg (in separate games, not vs each other), then whenever our home leg is, it would be played on a Tuesday with a 5:45pm kick off, as per the precedent set vs Sporting Lisbon back in February 2010.

Merseyside Police won't let EFC and LFC play at home at the same time on the same night. LFC finished higher in the league than us last season so get priority for the Thursday 8pm slot. Only time UEFA would let us play would be on Tuesday at 5:45pm kick off.

As long as we take care if YBB on Thursday ( I'm just not taking anything for granted ) I would like Inter Milan. That would be an immense trip for the away fans and a sell out at Goodison Park.

On another note, how many tickets have we sold for Thursday? I think it may be a decent crowd as folk start to think about getting tickets just in case we go far.

i think you can, correct me if im wrong someone

Spot on. Don't know whether it's been covered or not mind.

I'd take Brugge or Anderlecht, it's a doddle in the car, and by air.

The Difficult ones such as Zenit, Spartak Moscow, Besiktas, Dnipro, Dinamo Kiev etc... are all on the agenda for us no doubt, we're due a 'Far' important game in this comp, and Romania, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Italy aren't quite far as your Turkey, Greece's and Russia's, so i'd thoroughly expect something like that so we don't have a huge fan presence.

Villarreal, Brugge, Anderlecht, Inter, Legia Warsaw, Torino would be the 1 of the 5 i'd like, even though part of me wants someone like Moscow, so i can save a few bob.

Edit: Whilst i'd love not to discount Young Boys, i just really don't think we're THAT bad, to concede 4 away goals without reply. We're bad, just not THAT bad.

Spot on. Don't know whether it's been covered or not mind.

I'd take Brugge or Anderlecht, it's a doddle in the car, and by air.

The Difficult ones such as Zenit, Spartak Moscow, Besiktas, Dnipro, Dinamo Kiev etc... are all on the agenda for us no doubt, we're due a 'Far' important game in this comp, and Romania, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Italy aren't quite far as your Turkey, Greece's and Russia's, so i'd thoroughly expect something like that so we don't have a huge fan presence.

Villarreal, Brugge, Anderlecht, Inter, Legia Warsaw, Torino would be the 1 of the 5 i'd like, even though part of me wants someone like Moscow, so i can save a few bob.

Edit: Whilst i'd love not to discount Young Boys, i just really don't think we're THAT bad, to concede 4 away goals without reply. We're bad, just not THAT bad.

personally i favour

AJAX or
ATHLETICO

Oh yeah... Worth pointing out too that if both us and Liverpool get through, and we're both drawn either home or away (matching ties) in the first leg (in separate games, not vs each other), then whenever our home leg is, it would be played on a Tuesday with a 5:45pm kick off, as per the precedent set vs Sporting Lisbon back in February 2010.

Merseyside Police won't let EFC and LFC play at home at the same time on the same night. LFC finished higher in the league than us last season so get priority for the Thursday 8pm slot. Only time UEFA would let us play would be on Tuesday at 5:45pm kick off.

Ha, as if we're getting a home tie. The only thing certain about the draw is that Liverpool will get the second leg at Anfield and we'll have the second leg away. Absolutely nailed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.