2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's just a slap on the wrist and a fine, then I'd gladly pay it.

Of course they can. Only thing he´s entitled to is his wage. The club has no other obligation to him, including letting him use the patch of grass he wants to train on.

why? can give him someone like Dr. Nick Riviera to help him while hes injured.

I think its some legal duty of care. I may be wrong but somebody must know for sure.

I think you can make him train on his own away from the first team and U23's, which I hope we do, but I dont think you can refuse to let him use the medical/training facilities.

Don't think the tweet changes the possibility that he wants to go to Spurs but Spurs were not gonna make a move at the price the club wanted and then especially not with the injury. In January the Spurs option may come back again. If Chelsea was the only option this window and he didnt want it then why should he choose it? It's as much a possibility as the player just looking for a payday in Jan.

At the back of it though is the big Why? Why does he want to leave the club so badly, and why has it gotten so bad that he hasn't done the usual thing of signing a new contract to maintain a high value for his club even when both parties know he will be leaving.

I still think "moneygrabbing rat" is only one likely reason and there is no more proof of that than there is that he doesn't like the manager at all and the relationship with the club has soured.

However the silence is starting to bother me. If he knows his reputation at his club is going down the drain then I think by now he'd have come out to defend himself and put the boot in where he sees the blame lying.

Anyways I don't trust our club one bit, and will still wait for it all to come out in the wash. Still utterly gutted by it all.

It's clear and reported he doesn't get on with Koeman. Other players are in the same boat.

To me, his agent has advised him not to sign any deal that stops clubs from coming in for him. I'm sure in the summer, Pochettino and from what I've read his number 2 wanted him and probably chatted with his agent.

Ross wants to go to Spurs. Spurs are tight arses and don't want to cough up the money for him.

Chelsea came in, agreed a fee. His agent was probably told that Spurs would go for him in January. Ross made a decision not to go to Chelsea.

Unless he signs a new deal here, his bridges are well and truly burned IMO.

To me, everyone involved is to blame to the fiasco. From Koeman not knowing how to deal with a player, to Ross' agent, to the board offering him a deal late.

Above all Ross himself. If he thinks Spurs will come in for him in January having not come in for him (conjecture is that they did level a bid) in the summer, means his future is still in doubt.

Utter mess.

So, this is the scenario. We sell Barkley, who we don't really need as it stands, for 35m and buy Jimenez for the same amount of money, who is, in my honest opinion, a very solid striker and much needed type of player in our squad.

However, a 15 year old girl in Ross wakes up, he rejects Chelsea move after wanting to leave whole summer and probably screw our chances up for some decent results in PL and EL.

What we need from Ross now is to leave in January for free , because that's EXACTLY what this club deserves for treating him like a world-class player. SMH.
I was right, this is about to happen.

Ross is the only professional athlete in the history of sport to turn down a lucrative contract extension whilst suffering from a potentially career threatening/changing injury.

Exactly, why does it matter if he's currently injured? He should be thrilled that Chelsea are willing to secure his future in spite of the injury. They're taking all the risk here. Now Barkley himself has shouldered all the risk and he's burned bridges at both Everton and Chelsea in order to do it. Makes no sense. If he had no intention of going to Chelsea, why even talk with them and agree to terms?

Personally I think Ross has been sold a fiction by Spurs and his own agent and that fiction is appealing to his inflated sense of worth. They're obviously telling him what he wants to hear (even if it's not true). I wouldn't doubt it if Spurs are lying to him simply to get him at a lower price, play him sparingly and then re-sell him for £30-40 million a year later.

No sorry, I was fully supporting Ross in his stance right up until last night.

The problem isn't him wanting to move on, it's how he's gone about it. It's about respect for an institution that made you. If the club didn't want to negotiate with Spurs due to an illegal approach, then he should have either respected it and moved elsewhere, or he should have put his cards on the table and told the club he wasn't going anywhere else.

Instead, he allowed the club to agree terms with Chelsea, then agreed personal terms, and had a medical at the very least arranged before pulling the plug. Therefore, he's stitched up the club - he's completely thrown our business off course. If his aim was to run the contract down, simply tell the club that this summer and so be it, we can plan around it and move on.

I have no problem with Barkley furthering his career, but if it's at the expense of harming the club when it could easily be avoided, then he's a disrespectful "breast" and needs calling out on it.

My view is Koeman/the club have known of his intentions since April to see his contract out, and have been trying to force the issue.

Definitely nailed the strung along/stitched up element on deadline day,

My view is Koeman/the club have known of his intentions since April to see his contract out, and have been trying to force the issue.

They can try all they want - Barkley simply goes "nah not happening, I'm going to Spurs" and that's that.

Instead, he agreed terms and arranged a medical. The club can't force him to do that.

Furthermore, if the club has known since April, then just get rid of the player and open discussions with Spurs surely?

That's odd when he got the injury at the right time.

They can try all they want - Barkley simply goes "nah not happening, I'm going to Spurs" and that's that.

Instead, he agreed terms and arranged a medical. The club can't force him to do that.

Furthermore, if the club has known since April, then just get rid of the player and open discussions with Spurs surely?

Can offer 50p and said take it or leave it?

It's clear and reported he doesn't get on with Koeman. Other players are in the same boat.

To me, his agent has advised him not to sign any deal that stops clubs from coming in for him. I'm sure in the summer, Pochettino and from what I've read his number 2 wanted him and probably chatted with his agent.

Ross wants to go to Spurs. Spurs are tight arses and don't want to cough up the money for him.

Chelsea came in, agreed a fee. His agent was probably told that Spurs would go for him in January. Ross made a decision not to go to Chelsea.

Unless he signs a new deal here, his bridges are well and truly burned IMO.

To me, everyone involved is to blame to the fiasco. From Koeman not knowing how to deal with a player, to Ross' agent, to the board offering him a deal late.

Above all Ross himself. If he thinks Spurs will come in for him in January having not come in for him (conjecture is that they did level a bid) in the summer, means his future is still in doubt.

Utter mess.
Sums it up pretty nicely. Especially the highlighted bit.

I know you touched on it mate, but one of the things I can't get my head around is why he's got his heart set so much on moving to Spurs. They clearly don't give a toss about him. They weren't prepared to pay good money for him this window, and are quite happy for him to be hung out to dry by his club and fans in a world cup year. Plus they did their best to buy in an alternative in Gomes from Barcelona. This could all end badly for the lad and it would be mostly his own fault if it does.

Exactly, why does it matter if he's currently injured? He should be thrilled that Chelsea are willing to secure his future in spite of the injury. They're taking all the risk here. Now Barkley himself has shouldered all the risk and he's burned bridges at both Everton and Chelsea in order to do it. Makes no sense. If he had no intention of going to Chelsea, why even talk with them and agree to terms?

Personally I think Ross has been sold a fiction by Spurs and his own agent and that fiction is appealing to his inflated sense of worth. They're obviously telling him what he wants to hear (even if it's not true). I wouldn't doubt it if Spurs are lying to him simply to get him at a lower price, play him sparingly and then re-sell him for £30-40 million a year later.

I'm still not seeing why the agent would be party to such underhand dealings.

Surely he has other clients and if Chelsea take the 'ump with him over this, he will find himself out in the fold at what I imagine is a club which is a fertile feeding ground for the leeches that make of the Agent profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.