2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't profess to be an expert on medicals but how is it possible he could have passed one with a hamstring injury that'll keep him out for months?
Sounds like the club were keen to accept a balance the books deal from Chelsea but Barkley simply refused because he wants to go to Spurs.

I dont get how he's apparently passed a medical when he's injured, though. Do they just check he's still got both legs and give him an eye test?

It seems everyone is of the opinion that he should have gone to Chelsea even if he didn't want to... now I know we've missed out on money but in reality he's allowed to choose where he goes to work each day, it's his life.

Oh, give it a break. You've been saying he wants a career, develop himself, earn more money, be in the CL etc etc . Well a deal was done so Everton made some money, he was going to the Champions, apparently the personal money was OK, but no it wasn't enough for him. Pray tell just what is good enough for him........

If he signs a new contract tomorrow we are all gunna look like mugs.

Not at all. This would have been like Gerrard leaving Liverpool for Chelsea... Massive hate. Thing is Gerrard for all his faults would of taken that ammount of bile better than Ross would ever have. I cant however comment if he commits to us again... At least we get an ammount for him ?? I guess if he signs with us for a new contract we would get money which would help the club he loves so much in the future. That would deffo help his smooth leaving for Spurs. If we get shafted ??? God help him

That's not going to happen

lollollol

I know the majority are out for blood with Ross, and I 100% want him to stay, but why are people flying off the handle on limited info ?

For him to make a move this summer there would have to be an option the player actually wants...no? If he has turned down the young player graveyard of Chelsea why do people assume it's to just go to them free in Jan?

And if he goes to Spurs for free in Jan surely that means Spurs just weren't willing to pay the dosh this summer? Is that the players fault? Maybe Spurs is his preferred option and in that case why should he ignore that just because the club wanted him gone to Chelsea?

Just putting the questions out there. Haven't exactly thought it fully through, but it seems the majority of posts in the last while are jumping the gun in their haste to castigate the player.

Don't profess to be an expert on medicals but how is it possible he could have passed one with a hamstring injury that'll keep him out for months?
Sounds like the club were keen to accept a balance the books deal from Chelsea but Barkley simply refused because he wants to go to Spurs.

Despite my previous #banterous post, it's all heart scans, body composition, muscle measurement and stuff.

I dont get how he's apparently passed a medical when he's injured, though. Do they just check he's still got both legs and give him an eye test?

Fairly sure they just made him play an intense game of Operation.

I agree
Ross probably hoped Spurs would come last minute but as they wouldn't pay the fee will now wait till Jan. He's injured till then anyway so works well for him and spurs just not us

But... why agree terms and be invited for a medical then? That just isn't the way it works. I mean he literally signed for Chelsea - the medical is the very final step before filing the paperwork, and even before that the deal sheet would have been in.

There's last minute and then there's last minute! I've never heard of this happening before.

I know the majority are out for blood with Ross, and 100% want him to stay, but why are people flying off the handle on limited info ?

For him to make a move this summer there would have to be an option the player actually wants...no? If he has turned down the young player graveyard of Chelsea why do people assume it's to just go to them free in Jan?

And if he goes to Spurs for free in Jan surely that means Spurs just weren't willing to pay the dosh this summer? Is that the players fault? Maybe Spurs is his preferred option and in that case why should he ignore that just because the club wanted him gone to Chelsea?

Just putting the questions out there. Haven't exactly thought it fully through, but it seems the majority of posts in the last while are jumping the gun in their haste to castigate the player.

No Friend, I've decided he's a snake and unless he scores at Anfield then decapitates Klopp on the touchline I'm not changing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.