Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a massive fart Joey. At least Lukaku had the bollocks to tell the Club/Fans where he stood. The lad is staying silent and hiding. Shitbag. I want him to stay just as much as everybody else does, ill be gutted if he leaves, still doesnt stop me thinking he should just grow a pair and say that he wants to leave.
Where he stood he was arrested for disturbances very professional - never returned to training, -your fine with that- what's has Ross done apart from being managed badly?
leaving him at home is just RK case of punishment ok I now accept he is going -RK has a record of doing this to good players ask Mane at the other lot who was their star player last season!
The great manager the Catt was a disciplinarian, but he was a consistent the same for every player we had some bad away performances last season - who bore the brunt Ross, Delboy, and Robles all will disappear!- this is not the case -Ross was singled out last season, and given an ultimatum publicly = bad management imo!
Our away form was relegation form too by the way!

Last edited:
He's been told he's not first choice here. That's forcing him out in my eyes
The club wants to progress and buy better players - that has to happen for us to win things. Ross either needs to accept and rise to the challenge and work harder to make the first team or move on but that is his (and maybe his agents) choice. No one is forcing him out. He won't be first choice anywhere else in the top 7 with thatt attitude so if he wants guaranteed starts he may need to look at places like West Ham or West Brom.

He's a massive fart Joey. At least Lukaku had the bollocks to tell the Club/Fans where he stood. The lad is staying silent and hiding. Shitbag. I want him to stay just as much as everybody else does, ill be gutted if he leaves, still doesnt stop me thinking he should just grow a pair and say that he wants to leave.
This ^

He doesn't even have to come out and say it directly, his agent can leak a story to the press about his thought process over this. I still maintain that he's been baldy advised and his agent in trying to be clever is going to end up seeing Ross make a move that he may not really want to make.

Have to laugh at some of the "he couldn't be injured I seen him running normally during the week" posts.

Player picks up a muscle injury days after being injury free. What a shocker.

what protest he has returned to training, RK has come up with a groin injury more like told him if you dont sign you dont go on tour - he was like this at valencia , and at Southampton - his prerogative if results go the wrong way and Ross flourishes with a new club the fans will soon remember this - Lukaku look at his behavior before leaving its chalk , and cheese - Ross has in a contract negotiation he see Rooney come in on 150 k per week he is being asked to leave in not such a nice way imo!
the club a groin strain a complete joke!
Why do they just not tell the truth that he is for sale to the highest bidder?

They kind of have. Well, RonKo has. If he doesn't sign he will be sold was the line, I believe.

This ^

He doesn't even have to come out and say it directly, his agent can leak a story to the press about his thought process over this. I still maintain that he's been baldy advised and his agent in trying to be clever is going to end up seeing Ross make a move that he may not really want to make.

Take your point make but I actually see the dignity in keeping this completely in house. Someone said just before (@BlueToff I think) that there has not been any single utterance from him or his agent since the contract ultimatum. And to be fair, neither the club nor the manager have said anything more other than 'wait and see'. Just cos we all crave knowing, doesn't justify that every cut and thrust should be made in public. His agent may indeed be playing a blinder for him - to stay!

You have a contract in work , boss offers you a new one , you refuse to sign it ,boss looks for a replacement as job still needs doing & maybe someone else can do it better than you. Welcome to the real world Ross

He's still under contract to work, but is being left at home. This doesn't happen in the "real world" so don't make "real world" comparisons

Ross is a homegrown player, and i think he has his heart in Everton.

The same can not be said about Koeman, Morishi, walsh, etc, who is on a paycheck, and will only be here for soo long.

Let's treat our own, with some dignity and respect.
Sure it is a hardcore business, but Ross should be special to us.

I'll be gutted if Ross leaves, but, for him as a player, it may well be the right thing for him to do. Sometimes he tries too hard and playing for his own club just seems too much for him to cope with. He improved last season, and I'd like to think he can carry on improving here, and get over any mental barrier which might be there about playing for the club he supports.

I don't know any of the detail about the contract situation, but neither side have come out of this smelling of roses.

The contract is a board matter not a managers!
it's the managers team though Joe. He's said Ross has been offered a good contract - one that i'm sure they feel reflects his worth to the squad. Ross is the one not signing it, not saying anything, hedging his bets maybe and making it difficult for Koeman to plan for the upcoming season and beyond so i think it's understandable for the manager to be frustrated with the situation. Maybe calling him out at the end of the season with a deadline was the wrong tactic but still i can understand why he did it. I'm sure there is more to this than simply money or one not liking the other but at some point Ross has to grow a pair and either sign or publically turn it down so the club knows where we are.
I still hope - regardless of whether Sigurdsson comes in or anyone else that he stays because he's a good player and blue and you want that heading into an exciting new era

Last edited:
Ross is a homegrown player, and i think he has his heart in Everton.

The same can not be said about Koeman, Morishi, walsh, etc, who is on a paycheck, and will only be here for soo long.

Let's treat our own, with some dignity and respect.
Sure it is a hardcore business, but Ross should be special to us.

We've (reportedly - though from the best journo there is for Everton) offered Ross a deal worth more than £100k per-week mate.

It's not like we're asking him to play for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.