Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I don't work for anyone let alone an agent or a PR team I just think people are naive to think that childhood loyalties to a football team decide, other on the odd occasion which teams a professional footballer will or won't play for. People go on about players at others clubs being mercenaries the simple fact is once you play professional football loyalty fails to exist be it player to club or club to player.
Ross is 24 this year not 18 he is seasoned professional and just about the peak of his earning power wouldn't you if you were him be looking to play in the CL? Add to that he clearly isn't developing his progress hasn't just stalled it's gone backwards and whilst we will never know if the previous management team would have been better for him I am far from sure that the current team are good for him.

This is shambolic. The most we can hope for now is a decent bid or that he signs a contract with a release clause. RK is seeking to suggest that we are in a position of power i.e we will sell him but we can't sell him to a team that he does not want to play for.

I can see this going down to the end of transfer window and us having to accept a low offer from a team that he wants to play for. Alternatively, towards the end of the transfer window, if no one is in for him (because they would prefer to wait 12 months) our best position then is a contract with a low release clause.

The only way we will have any chance of retaining either Ross or Rom if we make some significant signings early in the transfer window.

Exactly my point, so when he is away with the England lads and hears people are earning more, he is going to want that for himself or similar. That is what my whole post is all about.
You compared him to Ali
He's not anywhere near His level.
You are saying he heard the wages other players are on and Ali is only on 55k yet ROSS has been offered 100k
Your post doesn't make sense.
The players on the big money are at top 6 clubs and international regulars.
ROSS is neither and won't start regularly for a top 6 side
He is being badly advised

Hey I don't work for anyone let alone an agent or a PR team I just think people are naive to think that childhood loyalties to a football team decide, other on the odd occasion which teams a professional footballer will or won't play for. People go on about players at others clubs being mercenaries the simple fact is once you play professional football loyalty fails to exist be it player to club or club to player.
Ross is 24 this year not 18 he is seasoned professional and just about the peak of his earning power wouldn't you if you were him be looking to play in the CL? Add to that he clearly isn't developing his progress hasn't just stalled it's gone backwards and whilst we will never know if the previous management team would have been better for him I am far from sure that the current team are good for him.

Well if he's at his peak we are better are selling him , because his peak is not consistent enough

This is shambolic. The most we can hope for now is a decent bid or that he signs a contract with a release clause. RK is seeking to suggest that we are in a position of power i.e we will sell him but we can't sell him to a team that he does not want to play for.

I can see this going down to the end of transfer window and us having to accept a low offer from a team that he wants to play for. Alternatively, towards the end of the transfer window, if no one is in for him (because they would prefer to wait 12 months) our best position then is a contract with a low release clause.

The only way we will have any chance of retaining either Ross or Rom if we make some significant signings early in the transfer window.

Or leave on a bosman next season.

Reading that he has been offered 100k per week but won't sign, so he thinks it should be more? Hmmm, if true I'm not buying into this boyhood blue loyalty crap anymore. Good luck Ross, wonder who turned your head, I guess we will see soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.