Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Some people using this thread to [Poor language removed] RK off at every opportunity.

Think they would prefer a manager who wasn't honest and just gave magnificent sound bites.

Agreed - even if some may complain with Koeman's handling of the Barkley deal, i think consensus is that we do not want another Lescott saga that drags into the footballing season, and Koeman must be given credit for recognising this and dealing with it head on.

I would ask the Koeman criticisers, if reports are true, that Barkley was interested in a move away and that the interest from other clubs has not come to fruition and subsequently Barkley just wants to now stay at Everton and run down his contract and see what happens - how would you want Koeman to react?

Part of me hopes the club turn around and transfer lists him. It send a strong message. However, we don't know the details of the contract and it's possible the terms are just not that good

Part of me hopes the club turn around and transfer lists him. It send a strong message. However, we don't know the details of the contract and it's possible the terms are just not that good

Yeah, he may see rumours of £130k a week for Gylfi and we have offered him £70k a week he will rightly think he deserves more. We have no idea what the figures involved are, just wish one way or another they would get on with it.

Hope so. Him leaving sends out all the wrong messages!!

Him leaving sends out the message that Koeman and the club will not be messed about by Barkley & his agent. That if he thinks he can 'play' the club by runnning his contract down to summer 2018 and then walking free, then he & his agent are wrong.

I prefer to see a strong club taking no crap from any individual player and working in the best interests of the team and the club. That is what this whole contract issue is about, and it lets the rest of the first team squad see clearly where the Manager's interests lay, and also shows to potential players coming in that the Manager and the club have a clear vision of how they conduct business, i.e. professionally. Not letting one highly paid, promising player (but something of a [Poor language removed]) dictate to the club.

I like what I am seeing from the club over this issue...

He wasn't singling Ross out.

He has been asked questions about Ross, and given honest answers.

If Ross won't sign the deal, we need to know sooner rather than later. That's the end of it - and that's what Koeman has said.

Or deflect the questions and keep it in house rather than leading it into this pantomime.

Or deflect the questions and keep it in house rather than leading it into this pantomime.

If he deflected the questions you know full well loads of the fans would be on the club's back for answers and there'd be just as much media speculation anyway.

This time last year we were pleading for more transparency. Don't complain now we've got some.

whether he signs or not, those instagram photos are just an embarrassment. the echo thinks they are for the benefit of Everton fans. that wouldn't be my take on the latest from the Emirates, it's more
'look at me, in this fantastic stadium, stuck with these no marks, feeling sad cos I've got to let them go for my talent to flourish'

whether he signs or not, those instagram photos are just an embarrassment. the echo thinks they are for the benefit of Everton fans. that wouldn't be my take on the latest from the Emirates, it's more
'look at me, in this fantastic stadium, stuck with these no marks, feeling sad cos I've got to let them go for my talent to flourish'

It's a picture of him warming up you bad melt

If he deflected the questions you know full well loads of the fans would be on the club's back for answers and there'd be just as much media speculation anyway.

This time last year we were pleading for more transparency. Don't complain now we've got some.

We're we?

And the speculation is still there because of the length of contract. It'd be there regardless because it's the transfer window.

What wouldn't be out in the open is the questionable debates over what the player is wanting to do and the ultimatums by the manager to wind up the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.