Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not naive enough to jump to your conclusion because a Dutch fella opened his mouth in a press conference mate.

I assume your logic if he does sign will be that he's done so because he couldn't find another club. Again, I wonder where you drew that conclusion from...

Say, Mirallas only signed his deal the other week with one year left on his deal - was he pimping himself out to clubs as well?

Of course he was, they have a short shelf life of 10 - 15 years and want a mixture of the highest wage, stage and tournaments to play on. Agents are talking to club reps everyday minute of the day, what do you need.

Barkley is bang out of order on this, blame Koeman all we want but the simple fact is, the contract should have been signed before Koeman arrived.

As I said to tubey, I think it's to take the focus away from Everton and firmly put the decision in Ross' hands. He wants out then the world knows it was his choice and not the clubs

Then that's ridiculously unprofessional. You can see that surely?

Of course he was, they have a short shelf life of 10 - 15 years and want a mixture of the highest wage, stage and tournaments to play on. Agents are talking to club reps everyday minute of the day, what do you need.

Barkley is bang out of order on this, blame Koeman all we want but the simple fact is, the contract should have been signed before Koeman arrived.

Would have been pretty bloody difficult given he was only offered it in mid-March ffs.

so by not saying anything about what is going on,and probably not going to say anything till he signs,or a bid comes in,we might have this all summer as well as Lukaku

i eactually thought this been everton saying they would say whats happening today,that they would wait till tomorrow just like they did with mirallas and a load of anything everton do really

As I said to tubey, I think it's to take the focus away from Everton and firmly put the decision in Ross' hands. He wants out then the world knows it was his choice and not the clubs
My main thing is this:
If Koeman wants Ross out - this was a great move on his part.
If Koeman wants Ross to stay (and it was likely) - this should never have been put in the public eye.

So either Koeman knows/wants Ross out, or this was a poor move. I'm also generally just not a fan of negotiating in the press. If you can't agree to a deal like adults there is no reason to use emotional pressure - it's 'ruthless' sure, but to me at least it's more 'being a tit'.

Status
Not open for further replies.