Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me - I'm certainly not inclined to be anti-Koeman, but this is a black mark on him for me, for this reason.

Tweets like that don't exist if Koeman kept his gob shut like he should have done. He hung the player out to dry over this, no matter which way it ultimately goes he was wrong to do so.

This ^^^

He's hindered this situation and fanned the flames of discontent and ill will toward Barkley.

Made up if RB stays after being set up by that feller for the exit door.

Come on Ross lad, sign it!!!

The owner/chairman wants the world to see we keep our own best talent and that we're moving forward...and gets to tell the world exclusively for the reflected glory.....

....then we quietly shift Lukaku out in a few weeks!
But in a way that defeats the purpose of the first action. Show the world we keep our players by signing up Barkley then sell Rom a few weeks later. We'd be much better keeping both and selling Rom next season if he still wanted out.

Let's hope he has signed but I think those having a go at the manager are pretty much doing the same as those laying into Barkley. No I don't mean being critical I mean the overboard anger and insults. Koeman is the manager, it's his team and he is captain of his ship, you walk his walk or walk the plank, anything other than that is pretty much attempted mutiny. Your either onboard or your not onboard but he's running the show, hence why he's the manager.

I don't understand this line being peddled that Koeman has hung Barkley out to dry. Barkley is a high profile player with a year left on his contract. It was inevitable that Koeman would have to field questions about Ross. What should Koeman say when asked about Barkley?

Ross was well below par last season and he started this season in the same vain. In my opinion, Ross probably thought he was untouchable at Everton Football Club, and the fact that a manager has come along and given him a kick up the backside, he doesn't like it and has thrown a strop over his contract.

In my humble opinion, this whole mess is firmly down to Ross.

But in a way that defeats the purpose of the first action. Show the world we keep our players by signing up Barkley then sell Rom a few weeks later. We'd be much better keeping both and selling Rom next season if he still wanted out.
Lukaku is going to be daft money and all the industry would see it as a fait accompli out of the club's hands. That isn't the case with RB though. If we lost him it'd be a terrible message of failure to the world.

I don't understand this line being peddled that Koeman has hung Barkley out to dry. Barkley is a high profile player with a year left on his contract. It was inevitable that Koeman would have to field questions about Ross. What should Koeman say when asked about Barkley?

Ross was well below par last season and he started this season in the same vain. In my opinion, Ross probably thought he was untouchable at Everton Football Club, and the fact that a manager has come along and given him a kick up the backside, he doesn't like it and has thrown a strop over his contract.

I agree 100% but the club should always make sure a young, home-grown hope like Barkley always has at least 2-3 years left on his contract. Sloppy IMO.

He quite literally hasn't said a word. Not one word. He's been nothing but professional.

Any decent manager looking to get the player secured would simply say: "There's no news on that. It's an internal club matter. Next question please".

This ^^^

He's hindered this situation and fanned the flames of discontent and ill will toward Barkley.

Made up if RB stays after being set up by that feller for the exit door.

Come on Ross lad, sign it!!!
I don't believe Koeman has pushed him towards the exit door, Barkley was offered a contract didn't sign, although maybe he has now? Either way Barkley has been indicisive in his thinking, kind of like he is with his playing at times. Koeman has plans and as the manager he has the right to implement them. If Koeman leaves then the next manager will have plans and so on, if we didn't allow them to run the show what would be the point in a manager?

I agree 100% but the club should always make sure a home-grown hope like Barkley always has at least 2-3 years left on his contract. Sloppy IMO.

Completely agree. The club could say that there have been a lot of recent changes at the club and it wasn't a priority. I dunno.

I don't believe Koeman has pushed him towards the exit door, Barkley was offered a contract didn't sign, although maybe he has now? Either way Barkley has been indicisive in his thinking, kind of like he is with his playing at times. Koeman has plans and as the manager he has the right to implement them. If Koeman leaves then the next manager will have plans and so on, if we didn't allow them to run the show what would be the point in a manager?
Yes, he has a right to do all that. He doesn't have the right to pick up a huge megaphone and conduct the club's business like some St John's Market butcher screaming out the odds across the floor.

How do you know that?

For all anyone knows, he simply left it to his agent completely who has signed at the end of the season. Like, by the way, he did for his last contract which in the midst of speculation to United etc. was signed in July.

Completely agree. The club could say that there have been a lot of recent changes at the club and it wasn't a priority. I dunno.
Apparently last year there was an offer of a new contract as somebody reported, however it apparently went unsigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.