Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might well be proved wrong but it looks to me like hes going. Cant see any reason to leave it this long to sign a contract.

Id dont hold any grudges if he does. We will make decent money from him and although he may well become a great player im not convinced that he suits the way koeman wants to play and so probably better to replace him.

Under Koeman, perhaps. But there were new contract talks last year under Martinez, and he rejected it.
I remember something about Martinez stating Ross would sign a contract in the summer but never heard anything else, not that we would until he signed anyway but that's what I remember.

If Lukaku hadn't been offered a contract where:

* It was on the table to be signed.
* Rejection of it would indicate he didn't want to be at the club.
To be fair Tubbey he hasn't made any secret of his wish to play somewhere else over the past 3 years.

why you would not want to play for the club you support. Much less pressure.
See if that's his thinking I want him gone or a peripheral figure anyways. I want players at the club who not only don't mind pressure but want it. Who want to take the world on their shoulders and still make it happen.

Since Ibra maybe done, employ him as a psychological mentor for our academy. We need to produce fearless confident players.

I believe he's gone. I also believe Koeman is utterly not arsed by it. Ross will be sitting on the bench behind Dembele at Spurs (as apparently they see him in a deep role not as Alli 2) and getting rolled out in meaningless games next year before trying to rescue his career in 18 months time with a Loan move to West Ham or Stoke.

Maybe the reason why they are pretty blase about Rom is that they know he is going to be off this summer, they are banking on a lot of money and have things already lined up for his replacement but they are putting pressure on Ross because they want him to be here?

Quite literally nbody knows.

I remember something about Martinez stating Ross would sign a contract in the summer but never heard anything else, not that we would until he signed anyway but that's what I remember.
I understand neither of these sources are ironclad but it's literally the first two that pulled up and I can't be bothered to find more, so please accept this screenshot.

Attachments

• barkley contract.png
    barkley contract.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 98

Status
Not open for further replies.