Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people have spoke about Ali v Barkley. For me Ali is a lot more aggressive, and has a lot more desire too. But I think Barkley is not a number 10, more of an 8. I think he's the dembele of the Spurs team. And maybe we need an Ali type player. Watch how often Ali runs past Kane compared to Barkley running past rom.

The interesting think with dembele is at Fulham he looked a good player but inconsistent, and maybe a bit lazy. Went to Spurs and has hardly done anything in 3yrs. Apparently he's now a stone lighter and the fittest he's been in his life. And it shows, he ruining games and still going strong late into games.

I do believe some players are born with real hunger and desire and some aren't. Ross for me needs s new manager who's going to get him fitter. Work on his game and weaknesses. And give him a rollicking from time to time

Ali isn't a creative midfielder, he's an attacking one at the moment who drifts from wide and has a great partnership with Kane.

Ericksen makes them tick.

They're also gunning for the title, so form isn't going to dip too much.

Needs to lose 20lbs.. stop hitting the weights and work on his cardio. Son, you are nowhere near good enough to saunter around the opponents half doing nothing like Ronaldo.

Take a look at Deli Ali if you want to understand what it takes to be an outstanding footballer for your side

I love Ross, amazingly talented but no manager should be encouraging the above faults

Needs to lose 20lbs.. stop hitting the weights and work on his cardio. Son, you are nowhere near good enough to saunter around the opponents half doing nothing like Ronaldo.

Take a look at Deli Ali if you want to understand what it takes to be an outstanding footballer for your side

I love Ross, amazingly talented but no manager should be encouraging the above faults
Spot on mate he's to bottom heavy.. Loads of talent but lacks two yards of pace will never ever be a great it's just the way he's built..

Send him and the rest of the squad on an intensive fitness boot camp, I have never known any other blue to play for us and show so little heart.

The way he ambles around when we don't have possession really sets the tone for the team. Teams are facing up our midfield with absolutely no effort whatsoever due to Barkley's lack of pressing. I'd hope it was tactical and not a general inability from Barkley to show effort.

Got to love the experts who have deemed him 20lbs overweight. 20lbs... That's near enough 10kg. It's going to take a while before this forum settles down isn't it. Look at Rooney ffs, athletes come in all shapes and sizes.

One of them, he looks sound, if he wants to play a defensive side of the game, but his build contradicts his style of play, it's like David Silva being a distin.

Either needs to drop some weight or get stuck in

Name one player on Spurs or Leicester that are given free reign to do one half of the required asking. It's a TEAM game and when EVERYONE contributes to all aspects then that team is top.

I love that he's a blue but there isn't a match where you can sit back and think that he bossed it like any other player on a top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.