Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have the raw ingredients to be a tranmere rovers fan, as the level of football you currently watch is obviously too much for you
Played very well at the start of the season, but has been poor to average since then, scored a good goal last night but that was it

At home it's definitely to do with the boo boys getting on his back if he spends more than a second on the ball. Also, it's true that teams close him down more.
Do you not think it has something to do with a lot of teams squeezing the space between defence and midfield, and never deviating from their instructions at Goodison?

Swansea sat in two banks of five for most of the game on Sunday, safe in the knowledge that there was absolutely no chance of Everton changing their shape, regardless of whether it was 0-0, 1-2 or 0-10.

It's no coincidence that Barkley has his best games as an attacking midfielder against opponents who have no respect for Everton's level of talent.

You just carry on blaming the fans, though.

Do you not think it has something to do with a lot of teams squeezing the space between defence and midfield, and never deviating from their instructions at Goodison?

Swansea sat in two banks of five for most of the game on Sunday, safe in the knowledge that there was absolutely no chance of Everton changing their shape, regardless of whether it was 0-0, 1-2 or 0-10.

It's no coincidence that Barkley has his best games as an attacking midfielder against opponents who have no respect for Everton's level of talent.

You just carry on blaming the fans, though.

Err, if you read my post, I clearly state it's also down to teams pressurising us. But yeh, I think fans booing and jeering if he spends more than 2 or 3 seconds in possession without taking on his man (usually one of two markers at the least) probably has something to do with it.

Nah, I'd say he's been quality for about 70-75% of season so far which is very good for a player his age.

He's had a few poor games, no point trying to make out otherwise as it doesn't change the fact he's boss.

He hasn't had many "poor" games IMO, he's just been "unspectacular" at times. And that's because he's got no one pushing him for his place..

The lad's boss though and anyone doubting him is a weapon :)

Err, if you read my post, I clearly state it's also down to teams pressurising us. But yeh, I think fans booing and jeering if he spends more than 2 or 3 seconds in possession without taking on his man (usually one of two markers at the least) probably has something to do with it.
The exaggerations are getting ridiculous now.

And I'm not talking about pressing. I mean the well-drilled banks of professional footballers that don't just let people walk the ball past them.

Maybe he draws the most groans because he's the one who chews the ball the longest, but ultimately the fans are frustrated because they're watching a team bang its head against a brick wall.

It reminds me of when Liverpool missed out on a title they should have pissed in 2009 because Benitez couldn't bring himself to open up the midfield, even against woeful opposition at home.

Luckily for Martinez, none of his rivals care enough to have him hauled off by the men in white coats, unlike poor old Rafael.

The exaggerations are getting ridiculous now.

And I'm not talking about pressing. I mean the well-drilled banks of professional footballers that don't just let people walk the ball past them.

Maybe he draws the most groans because he's the one who chews the ball the longest, but ultimately the fans are frustrated because they're watching a team bang its head against a brick wall.

It reminds me of when Liverpool missed out on a title they should have pissed in 2009 because Benitez couldn't bring himself to open up the midfield, even against woeful opposition at home.

Luckily for Martinez, none of his rivals care enough to have him hauled off by the men in white coats, unlike poor old Rafael.

Watch the Swansea game again. It was a few seconds he was on the ball and there are jeers. I agree, it works both ways - i've said that all along. I just don't think, in that situation, that the crowd have been helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.