Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20220729-134135_Chrome.jpg

Same site....again GTF

I'm not sure that was particularly anything to do with a transfer. We were 3-0 down at half time. I was in the gwladys st and i think nearly all of us wanted to join him. I think he was just having a massive sulk. I got that.

Good leeds team that day tbf. Decent 2nd half from Everton but damage was done.

It was a lot to do with the transfer...he handed a request in the night before (as there were reports Man Utd wanted him). The St End wanted to join him? I don't remember that. In fact, most fans were fuming, maybe you agreed with him but you were definitely in the minority. In the next home game there was a banner which said: "Once a binman, always a binman".

I understand the bad feelings around him but i mean, if we could play in 4-2-3-1, and have Alli and Barkley fighting for the 10. role, that is pretty exciting to have both of them fighting for their place in the squad. Mcneil, Gordon, Iwobi and Gray fighting for the left/right position, then we need a 9 (Dennis?) to challenge DCL, Gueye to challenge Allan, Doucoure and Davies/Gomes/Delph, and we could have a good season if Frank keep every player focus

I understand the bad feelings around him but i mean, if we could play in 4-2-3-1, and have Alli and Barkley fighting for the 10. role, that is pretty exciting to have both of them fighting for their place in the squad. Mcneil, Gordon, Iwobi and Gray fighting for the left/right position, then we need a 9 (Dennis?) to challenge DCL, Gueye to challenge Allan, Doucoure and Davies/Gomes/Delph, and we could have a good season if Frank keep every player focus

Delph has gone mate.

Gomes hopefully going
Davies should be nowhere near the team
Doucoure cant pass
Allan cant run

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barkley play next to Gueye in the middle.

It was a lot to do with the transfer...he handed a request in the night before (as there were reports Man Utd wanted him). The St End wanted to join him? I don't remember that. In fact, most fans were fuming, maybe you agreed with him but you were definitely in the minority. In the next home game there was a banner which said: "Once a binman, always a binman".

I dont remember the anger towards him in the st end. I remember the whole ground chanting what the fck is going on as the team walked off at HT. I certainly wasnt around anyone having a go at southall.
I recall the transfer thing at the time. But his HT protest wasnt about leaving. He wouldnt have done it if we were 3-0 up.

I dont remember the anger towards him in the st end. I remember the whole ground chanting what the fck is going on as the team walked off at HT. I certainly wasnt around anyone having a go at southall.
I recall the transfer thing at the time. But his HT protest wasnt about leaving. He wouldnt have done it if we were 3-0 up.
It was obviously a combination of the 1st half performance and how unhappy he was at that time at the club. There were plenty of boos around the ground and he got it full pelt in the next issue of When Skies Are Grey (for example) and the aforementioned banner. It seems to have been glorified since and, bizarrely, is now featured on a t-shirt as if it was 'cool' at the time.

Did anyone honestly think we’d ever re-sign this lad?

We all joked he’d end up somewhere like Newcastle or West Ham. We are now the team we envisioned them to be back then. Grim.

How long before he starts getting KO’d in town again.

Delph? Get with it mate! Davies and Gomes should be shipped

It was obviously a combination of the 1st half performance and how unhappy he was at that time at the club. There were plenty of boos around the ground and he got it full pelt in the next issue of When Skies Are Grey (for example) and the aforementioned banner. It seems to have been glorified since and, bizarrely, is now featured on a t-shirt as if it was 'cool' at the time.

I still have a lot of issues of WSAG. I even have that awful record they brought out oh when the skies are grey ?
Played it once. That was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.