Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last season with Martinez's 'terrible' squad, we draw at home against Spurs and get narrowly beaten by a last minute goal in a 5 goal thriller away, not great but understandable. at least we were fighting.

Koeman than goes out out and spends £140M upgrading the squad over the Summer (Spurs spend half that) and they play us off the pitch.
We have more yellow cards than we have goals this season, hell, in the Premiership we have 4 times the yellow cards than we have goals.

We are terrible at the moment, does Booman have any sort of plan?

('Booman' has been used 11 times on GOT so far, this probably makes me Sapie88, Donald Twain or Sweetchics)

We were beaten comfortably.

Spend £70mill on Siggurdson and Klassen.

To me, a striker wasn't a priority when you spend that money of other players first.

Well for me or even the manager himself, a striker was a priority. I suspect we were prepared to wait for certain targets only by the time we realized they aren't coming, it was too late to pursue other targets down in our list. And we need to sell Barkley to generate funds for such deal as well.

Burnley took four points from games away at Chelsea and Spurs.

Stoke took four points at home to Arsenal and United.

I'm just sayin' :blush:

T H I S

However we want to dress it up about 'difficult start' those 2 teams highlighted should have our board asking questions. We took Burnley's best player!

I believe we have a great manager at the club, who given the right backing and support would take this club to where it wants to be.

..He manages the U23's currently.

T H I S

However we want to dress it up about 'difficult start' those 2 teams highlighted should have our board asking questions. We took Burnley's best player!

I believe we have a great manager at the club, who given the right backing and support would take this club to where it wants to be.

..He manages the U23's currently.

I'm a massive fan of Unsworth mate but I'm still not too sure he would be ready this season or next. Defensively I think he sets us up soundly but still not too sure if he would set us up any more adventurously than Koeman.

Certainly though once Koemans deal ends I'd hope he is in with a shout of the job.

Don't know how accurate was Barton's info but not surprised if this is true. Cheers Bill.

“I think Koeman was trying to get in another striker, and if it had been down to him he would have,” Barton told talkSPORT. “They wanted and identified targets to try to bring in.

“I think the issue was Kenwright, from what I gather. He’s still the custodian in terms of being chairman.

“Koeman and [Farhad] Moshiri thought they would have money to spend but Kenwright was wanting to watch the budget, and didn’t want to over-spend.”

That can't be right surely? We didn't really spend that much after the Lukaku and sky money did we?

Don't know how accurate was Barton's info but not surprised if this is true. Cheers Bill.

“I think Koeman was trying to get in another striker, and if it had been down to him he would have,” Barton told talkSPORT. “They wanted and identified targets to try to bring in.

“I think the issue was Kenwright, from what I gather. He’s still the custodian in terms of being chairman.

“Koeman and [Farhad] Moshiri thought they would have money to spend but Kenwright was wanting to watch the budget, and didn’t want to over-spend.”

Mmm.Joey Barton seems to have become an unofficial spokesman for Everton since he was banned from football.

Does he even have any contacts inside the club?

I was prepared to wait and see if he delivered but after 4 transfer windows now that I think he is an upgrade version of Kenwright. We sell to buy (more or less).

*three transfer windows

Also, are we honestly criticising someone for 'watching the budget'???

I think unsworth is a future Everton manger but I would like to see him go out for a few years and be a manger at a lower league cup or maybe championship just to gain that experience

I'm a massive fan of Unsworth mate but I'm still not too sure he would be ready this season or next. Defensively I think he sets us up soundly but still not too sure if he would set us up any more adventurously than Koeman.

Certainly though once Koemans deal ends I'd hope he is in with a shout of the job.

Koeman has fell out with every single flair player at the club and told Lukaku he would have wasted his career if he stayed with Everton.
That is disgraceful.

We look one paced, dull and predictable. £6m a year lol

I am not saying Unsworth would be the Messiah as such but he loves this club above any other. He has also shown he can produce players and get a tune out of the likes of Niasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.