Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he got it wrong today. There was no width, the players didn't look comfortable at all with the system and at times they looked as if they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.

Someone near me said it was like a Martinez performance and I agree, we looked poor, both tactically and in our work rate. The manager needs to do better than this in my opinion.

Indeed. The bottom line for me is if Koeman finishes anything lower than 7th in the league that is unacceptable. No excuse there. He must realize we need to play proper wingers not fitting 5 static central-midfielders in a team with a 5 ft 9 striker leading the line.

A bit dificult for him without a striker, but i give him more time, to ajust, and the same goes for the new players.

I give him till december, to find the form.

He seem like a nice man, by the way. I like him.

Rooney, Keane, Sigurdsson, Pickford, Klassen were all from Koeman as he sung their praises.

We heard about that in the last few weeks. And what we were linked with were hopeful punts on Grioud and horrifically Thomas Vermalen.

Regardless of the board policy, we did spend a lot of time trying to buy Sigurdsson for a lot of money. Not once did we have the same pursuit of a striker.

As soon as Giroud said he wanted to wait until the early part of the season to decide if he wanted to stay at Arsenal or not, we should've been lining up bids for our B and C options as a contingency. Instead we're left with a past his best Rooney, a young striker adjusting to a new league and DCL who is also still learning how to be a Premier League striker.

It was reckless to start the season without an experienced no.9 and it's unforgivable that deadline day passed without fixing that situation.

We haven't scored a goal since the first half against City. The only time all season we've looked a threat was when he started Mola and Kev both, yet he persists with playing all central players all the time. There's no balance, no space, no real strategy here. I worry his stubbornness will lead to him persisting with more of the same until it's too late.

As soon as Giroud said he wanted to wait until the early part of the season to decide if he wanted to stay at Arsenal or not, we should've been lining up bids for our B and C options as a contingency. Instead we're left with a past his best Rooney, a young striker adjusting to a new league and DCL who is also still learning how to be a Premier League striker.

It was reckless to start the season without an experienced no.9 and it's unforgivable that deadline day passed without fixing that situation.
Sure, but this can't be an excuse for horrible game planning and management in general. He's not even close to getting it right at the moment.

Everyone saying 'you can't sack him in his second year!', he went through an absolutely SHOCKING spell with Southampton in his second year there, they were a match away from sacking him before the team pulled itself together.

He's not endeared himself to anyone which means the square root of FA as long as he wins. When he has performances like he has all year, it's kind of hard to back him.

Sure, but this can't be an excuse for horrible game planning and management in general. He's not even close to getting it right at the moment.

I did say earlier in the conversation here that I don't get not playing DCL up too when he seems the only one capable of playing as proper centre forward, why we're not using wingers or why he's playing Martina when we have Kenny/Holgate. He definitely isn't helping himself at the moment.

But at the same time I do think the board let him down not getting the striker he obviously wanted in.

Ron's assessment of the game differs entirely to mine. According to Ron, we were in control and doing good for the first 30 minutes and then it all went to pot after we went behind. That isn't what i watched. I watched a team playing poorly, struggling in all areas of the field, unable to create and devoid of passion and hard work for at least the first 80 minutes of the game. The last 10 minutes or so there was a slight improvement but that was probably because Spurs cared not as it was all over. Doubt Spurs will play many easier games than that this season. Even the poorer teams of the league put an effort in even if they lack quality players.

Keep it honest Ron. Crap is crap, no matter how much you paint it.

With so many new players in the squad it was always going to take time for them to gel, but I have been hoping to see improvement from week to week. That's not happening so far.

We should be starting our most effective XI and introducing some the newcomers via the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.