Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some truth in that to be fair. I thought tonight was a good result, but there's still a big gap in the quality of the players on the pitch. I've no idea what the stats show, but, coming away tonight I felt City could, and probably should, have scored more than one.

For me, Koeman sits somewhere between Moyes and Martinez in his attitude. He's pragmatic enough to recognise he needs to set us up quite defensively against the likes of Citeh, but, like Martinez and unlike Moyes, he believes he can actually achieve something at our club.

Whether or not he will, time will tell and all that.
Does he though? He seems atm, much near to Moyes. As you say it's wait and see, but for how long?...can we really afford the time and money, for a better funded Moyes to spunk a possible quarter of a billion quid or more, all for 'close, but no cigar'.

Does he though? He seems atm, much near to Moyes. As you say it's wait and see, but for how long?...can we really afford the time and money, for a better funded Moyes to spunk a possible quarter of a billion quid or more, all for 'close, but no cigar'.

Until we get far better players it's unrealistic to expect much better than where we are at right now. I thought the gulf in class between the two sides was there for all to see tonight and Koeman's tactics managed to balance that out for us.

I think he deserves a lot of credit for sticking by DCL, everyone was calling him crap last year, and they probably had a point. He's come on leaps and bounds though, looks a proper player

He's cleared out most of the dead wood in a very short space of time... his signings have been good to very good and could have a couple of exceptional ones in time... he's progressed on the league... got us into Europe and has sorted out the defence... he's lost our best striker since liniker and we have conceded a single goal away from home ... he turned around our worst home record in history ... he tells it like it is and is honest and blunt with the fans... I like him and don't see how people can moan about him so far tbh

Man City have just one clear cut chance like ours. So his game plan worked. People who moaning about three center backs maybe forget that City play Aguero and Gabriel up front. lol

Cant believe Koeman is getting stick for taking off a defender and putting 2 attackers on.

He actually went for the game.

Thought that was a brave and correct move by Ron at that moment,why not? The tactics in the second half were more like a game of chess between the two managers.With City's class if we'd have gone defensive too early we may have lost the game.Yes a draw was disappointing having led but I'd have ripped someone's arm off for a point before the game.

"They had 10 men though, we should have gone at them and DOMINATED THE GAME."

We "go at" City in that second half, regardless of how many they have on the pitch, we lose. Simple as that. The moves we made in the second 45 gave us a chance to get up the field - and we certainly were up the field way more than we were there last season, or the season before - but we couldn't create a second opening to score.

Defensively, I believe we are quickly becoming one of the best teams in the league. That showed today, all of the back five were excellent, as were Schneiderlin, Gueye and Pickford. Half a mistake from Holgate was all it was, and it was punished.

In no universe was that a bad result. In no universe was that a bad performance. In no universe has Koeman made a gigantic mess of it or have the players bottled it or rubbish like that. Away at the best team in the league, our gameplan beat theirs but an abundance of class and a hint of luck made it a draw.

Pull your bonces in.

When building teams first rule is to make the defence stronger.
I think we have done that as I don't think we will let many goals in
The flip side as it stands is that I don't think we will score many either.
Time needed for team to gel and get a decent centre forward

"They had 10 men though, we should have gone at them and DOMINATED THE GAME."

We "go at" City in that second half, regardless of how many they have on the pitch, we lose. Simple as that. The moves we made in the second 45 gave us a chance to get up the field - and we certainly were up the field way more than we were there last season, or the season before - but we couldn't create a second opening to score.

Defensively, I believe we are quickly becoming one of the best teams in the league. That showed today, all of the back five were excellent, as were Schneiderlin, Gueye and Pickford. Half a mistake from Holgate was all it was, and it was punished.

In no universe was that a bad result. In no universe was that a bad performance. In no universe has Koeman made a gigantic mess of it or have the players bottled it or rubbish like that. Away at the best team in the league, our gameplan beat theirs but an abundance of class and a hint of luck made it a draw.

Pull your bonces in.

Disagree. We looked like the team down a man the second half. It was a very poor half.

To be absolutely dominated a man up is poor at best. It was 2 points dropped. Lookman woulda been a good sub over Gylfi. I have a massive man crush on Gylfi btw. They couldn't handle DCL's pace and skill...Lookman would have frightened them.

Status
Not open for further replies.