Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is his response to everything is he needs new players. I posted that quote because he was saying the same thing then but at that time it was clearly rubbish because Emery came in and with the same squad of players finished third. Flores before Koeman replaced him also had them 4th.
I've no doubt we need some new players but he is failing to get the best out of the current players and that's down to his management.

Unlike el Fraudo, he's only telling the truth mate X

He could dress it up with platitudes and spin, but the facts would still remain the same - we need a clear out.

Pretty funny how people defend koeman by citing that we're 7th in the league but then are happy to call the players crap because we're 7th in the league...

personally think it's a complete cop out to put it all on the players. the style of football we play is far more likely to be down to the manager. Vast majority of this squad have shown they can play possession football in previous seasons, yes we were ineffective with it a lot of the time but they can do it if asked to.

In terms of odds what's more likely to be the cause of a team playing ugly football... Them playing to the managers tactics or an entire squad magically becoming incapable of passing in a 12 month period ?
Waiting till now to give Davies his opportunity and slotting Barry weekly into the starting lineup is on Koeman. He was trying to play a pressing style of football with a player that is slower than Pulp Fiction. I'm not saying he had many options to choose from, but he should have seen how that would backfire.

I can't believe how many people are defending Koeman's attitude. I am in no way advocating getting rid of him but he has to do better. We undoubtedly need to overhaul the squad but that doesn't excuse the mistakes he's made and the awful football he's been serving up. He's not even trying to get the team to play football.

He messed up against Leicester and then proceeded to deflect attention by attacking the board. I'm not saying the board aren't also having a nightmare but is he saying that we are out of the FA cup because we didn't sign Schneiderlin in time? If we'd managed to beat Leicester, like we should have, no one would be going mental now. In fact, I think we'd be pretty happy with it looking as though we'll have two good signings less than two weeks into the window.

Waiting till now to give Davies his opportunity and slotting Barry weekly into the starting lineup is on Koeman. He was trying to play a pressing style of football with a player that is slower than Pulp Fiction. I'm not saying he had many options to choose from, but he should have seen how that would backfire.

We haven't really played a pressing game all season, I can only think of Arsenal and Liverpool in the first half where we did, one of the main problems is due to having such slow CBs we sit really deep as a defense leaving the two holding midfielders too much ground to cover, especially when one of them is Gareth Barry.

The point is his response to everything is he needs new players. I posted that quote because he was saying the same thing then but at that time it was clearly rubbish because Emery came in and with the same squad of players finished third. Flores before Koeman replaced him also had them 4th.
I've no doubt we need some new players but he is failing to get the best out of the current players and that's down to his management.

He is. We are stlll 7th which is the glass ceiling. Some of the squad players are just crap. Can you get the best out of the Hull players and get them up to midtable? You see what I mean?

I can't believe how many people are defending Koeman's attitude. I am in no way advocating getting rid of him but he has to do better. We undoubtedly need to overhaul the squad but that doesn't excuse the mistakes he's made and the awful football he's been serving up. He's not even trying to get the team to play football.

He messed up against Leicester and then proceeded to deflect attention by attacking the board. I'm not saying the board aren't also having a nightmare but is he saying that we are out of the FA cup because we didn't sign Schneiderlin in time? If we'd managed to beat Leicester, like we should have, no one would be going mental now. In fact, I think we'd be pretty happy with it looking as though we'll have two good signings less than two weeks into the window.

Incorrect. The team just stopped playing after we went 1-0 up - for which Koeman was clearly furious.

Lets hope the Schneiderlin deals gets done before Ronald's presser on Thursday/Friday. If not and Ronald brings his post-match mood, I fear things could go south very quickly.

7th.

We're 7th.

What's the problem?

7th is nothing. Even Roberto could have got us 7th with about 5 more wins. plus if he hadn't got so depressing we might have won a cup. we were beating man city in the league cup and the fact he had John Stones at right back and threw it away was the final straw for some.

7th is nothing. Even Roberto could have got us 7th with about 5 more wins. plus if he hadn't got so depressing we might have won a cup. we were beating man city in the league cup and the fact he had John Stones at right back and threw it away was the final straw for some.

But he didn't.

We're 7th.

We finished both of the last seasons 11th.

Get real.

Martinez could have won us the league mate with '5 more wins'.

not really here nor there that is it?

Incorrect. The team just stopped playing after we went 1-0 up - for which Koeman was clearly furious.

Agree that the players switched off, but Koeman didn't help things, taking Valencia off was a mistake, him and Lukaku were linking up well, and keeping Morgan and Huth busy. Koeman puts Mirallas on and he goes out wide therefore isolating Lukaku once again (we all know Lukaku can't play as a lone striker) we then lost all our shape. Koeman then brings on Kone (who goes out on the left) and although his form hasn't been great he takes off Barkley (probably our most creative player) when we're chasing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.