Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I don't really blame anyone for getting annoyed at what he's been saying, for me there is a difference between being a no-nonsense straight talker and someone who needlessly upsets people.

Koeman's comments about how if Lukaku stays with us his entire career he should consider it a failure for me were a slap in the face to the supporters. Basically saying we're a no mark club whom top players should ever want to stay with. I'm sure I'm not the only blue who had to put up with RS supporters over the past week using what he said to rip into us, all the "your own manager thinks yer crap" malarky. It would be different if a pundit said it because they're basically outsiders but the manager is supposed to be the man who brings the success that would make top players want to come here. Him saying what he said sounded very much like "it doesn't matter what Everton achieve, they're still never going to be big enough for certain players." I don't like talk like that one bit personally.

In saying all that though, Paul Wilson in the Guardian made some very good points where he's said that as Evertonians we shouldn't be getting too hung up on what Koeman's said because it's easier to stomach than going back to the embarrassing rubbish Martinez used to come out with. Last season we were begging for someone at the club to deliver some home truths instead of spouting outright delusion, someone to kick underperformers up the arse instead of describing them as club legends.

The club has for years been in dire need some of medicine and Koeman seems hell-bent on forcing it down our throats. It tastes absolutely foul and teams like the RS are laughing at us as we cough and splutter to keep it down but in the long run it will help us. Crap players aren't going to be given charity contracts, good players are going to be challenged to keep improving and delivering and success is going to be demanded. No more wishy-washy crap.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what people were expecting from Koeman this season. I don't like everything about him (he has no soul as we all know) but I expect steady improvements in our squad and league position while he's here and so far that's what we've got.

Chelsea was a horror show but it's a prerequisite that all Everton managers receive a dry bumming or ten during their tenure. Let's see if he can start to buck that trend.

Respectful, ha. Don't make me laugh. This forum went Blue Kipper-esque hence why I stopped posting on here. I already have had an insulting comment within minutes I thought I would give it another go.
You stopped? Damn. Must've missed it.

Stop being so hurt and violated and hold back with the prepubescent rage. Nobody's impressed, or arsed tbh.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I don't really blame anyone for getting annoyed at what he's been saying, for me there is a difference between being a no-nonsense straight talker and someone who needlessly upsets people.

Koeman's comments about how if Lukaku stays with us his entire career he should consider it a failure for me were a slap in the face to the supporters. Basically saying we're a no mark club whom top players should ever want to stay with. I'm sure I'm not the only blue who had to put up with RS supporters over the past week using what he said to rip into us, all the "your own manager thinks yer crap" malarky. It would be different if a pundit said it because they're basically outsiders but the manager is supposed to be the man who brings the success that would make top players want to come here. Him saying what he said sounded very much like "it doesn't matter what Everton achieve, they're still never going to be big enough for certain players." I don't like talk like that one bit personally.

In saying all that though, Paul Wilson in the Guardian made some very good points where he's said that as Evertonians we shouldn't be getting too hung up on what Koeman's said because it's easier to stomach than going back to the embarrassing rubbish Martinez used to come out with. Last season we were begging for someone at the club to deliver some home truths instead of spouting outright delusion, someone to kick underperformers up the arse instead of describing them as club legends.

The club has for years been in dire need some of medicine and Koeman seems hell-bent on forcing it down our throats. It tastes absolutely foul and teams like the RS are laughing at us as we cough and splutter to keep it down but in the long run it will help us. Crap players aren't going to be given charity contracts, good players are going to be challenged to keep improving and delivering and success is going to be demanded. No more wishy-washy crap.
Be arsed reading that lid.

Can you provide a one sentence summary?

You stopped? Damn. Must've missed it.

Stop being so hurt and violated and hold back with the prepubescent rage. Nobody's impressed, or arsed tbh.

What a right Wan?&r you are. Bet your mums proud of you for spell checking prepubescent. Well done. Goodbye.

What a right Wan?&r you are. Bet your mums proud of you for spell checking prepubescent. Well done. Goodbye.
Hello mate, the site get in trouble when posters display the official club crest as their avatar.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.