Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I equate Koeman's tenure to that of Moyes at United. Did brilliantly at a smaller club, no disrespect to Everton but couldn't handle it on the big stage, with more money, where the pressures are higher.
Koeman is not a bad manager. Tactically astute and knows his football. I can't really explain his reasoning for some of his spendings. Alienating Niasse, trying everything he could to push Barkley out are also some of his inexplicables.

Nothing to do with club sizes as such. You have to earn respect. Alex Ferguson was on the verge of the sack when his fortunes changed. He remained steadfast and he was Manchester United. He built a dynasty and is easily the best manager I have seen. Howard Kendall was close to the sack here, and then his fortunes changed and he also built a fabulous side, only thanks to the RS he wanted European competition and left. He never hit those heights again and is a forgotten manager in the grand scheme of things.

Moyes had also built up the respect of the club here after a few tricky patches. He came very close to success and was an excellent manager. But he gave all that up expecting to just waltz into United and have authority.

Managers just click with a club. Poccetino at Spurs is a current prime example. He has taken that club up a level after years of sat outside the top few with us.
Koeman has never bought into this club and it is showing. He needs ending here asap.

Unsworth deserves a shot now.

I equate Koeman's tenure to that of Moyes at United. Did brilliantly at a smaller club, no disrespect to Everton but couldn't handle it on the big stage, with more money, where the pressures are higher.
Koeman is not a bad manager. Tactically astute and knows his football. I can't really explain his reasoning for some of his spendings. Alienating Niasse, trying everything he could to push Barkley out are also some of his inexplicables.

Try telling the same thing to Valencia or Benfica fans lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/19/everton-uefa-disciplinary-action-brawl-lyon-defeat

Everton look likely to face Uefa disciplinary action after their Europa League match with Lyon descended into a melee, with a few of the home crowd involved in an ugly brawl sparked by the captain Ashley Williams.

Ronald Koeman’s side went down 2-1 in the Group E game – a result which left them bottom of the table – but it was the second-half flashpoint which could see Everton and Williams facing punishment. The captain’s shove on the Lyon goalkeeper, Anthony Lopes, sparked heated confrontations between players in front of the Gwladys Street end. As the group surged to the advertising hoardings, a supporter holding a child in one arm aimed a punch in the direction of the keeper.

Koeman later suggested the Dutch referee, Bas Nijhuis, was partly to blame for the Goodison fireworks. “I couldn’t see exactly what happened behind the goal, a lot of players were involved, but I can fully understand my players being frustrated,” he said. “I told the officials what I thought at the end of the game. I know the referee was Dutch, but he failed to do anything about Nabil Fekir diving about 10 times.

“Kenny Tete too, it was happening all the time, and he allowed their physio to come on to the pitch.Then he only added on five minutes at the end, and that’s after six substitutions, two goals and a fight. I think the players were mainly acting out of frustration, and I can understand why.”

Regarding the match, Koeman said: “We made too many mistakes, it was thanks to Jordan Pickford that the score was only 2-1. We started well but made a really stupid fault after just five minutes. I have no complaints, it was the right decision from the referee to give a penalty, but there were a lot more mistakes and bad decisions after that. That’s what we are looking at the moment: doubts, errors, and players without confidence. I know from my playing days what that does to you.

“When you are short of confidence you make poor decisions, as Davy Klaassen did when going for a shot instead of putting in Dominic Calvert-Lewin. We are in a difficult situation now because you only get confidence from winning and we have an important game [with Arsenal] at the weekend. I think it is going to be very difficult for us now in Europe too, you normally win most of your points at home and we only have one from two games.”

Sandro loses the ball Lyon counter and should score

Michael Keane misplaced an easy pass and Lyon counter and should score

So many times we misplace passes or fail to control the ball and it leads to a counter

We are terribly unorganised
The defence was shocking tonight, especially from a technical point of view. In the modern game your full backs are so important as they as always the out ball. Yet we have a 20yr old centre back playing one side. And a poor right back playing out of position.

Holgate didn't know what to do every time he got the ball and martina is a horrendous footballer.
Add in the 2 centre backs, who weren't much better on the ball. And there's your big problem.

Im hoping we bring in a manager who understands modern footballer and can build the team the right way.

Why do that to him? Why ruin what may be a top career?
Not the right time to expose David to this mess of a club. We need an experienced big name Manager. They are out there.

I actually think it's the perfect time for him. Expectations are low, our best players are in the academy and they will do what is asked of them.

We are just bouncing from one disaster to another appointing from outside.

He has done a remarkable job against clubs with untold riches at U23 level.

I want to see that at 1st team level. And if it isn't to be then at least it was tried.

I think he is an excellent manager, a sensible man, an intelligent football coach and someone who wants this club to be the best. They are the right ingredients.

You'll cope, there've been worse times as Blues, the internet just makes this one seem worse.
I find alcohol helps.
The fact that I've been through some really bad times makes me want to not go through them again. Koeman is done and we are frankly just pissing about.

Don't worry I've got a large supply of beer on hand :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.