Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've made our bed now - £100m. It remains to be seen whether we'll lie in it or not.

£100m is tremendous business for Everton.

Also, Lukaku doesn't have a sell on clause. That was established last year.

Well if stays another season, and nets like he does, and we still come up slightly short, I still think we would get a good price, obvs not what we are seemingly angling for this summer mind.

Prices only go up not down. I could see us getting more for him next year than this year, just like he's worth more this year than last year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="pt"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing off <a href="https://twitter.com/prenno">@prenno</a> that Chelsea have 25% sell on clause on Lukaku and Everton still owe £16.4m to Chelsea. So £50m fee means EFC lose £28.9</p>&mdash; ThatGed© (@ThatsGed) <a href="">20 de abril de 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Wonder is this might have some impact on the negotiations if its true...... that came out wrong

I thought all deals between premier league clubs had to be paid within two years?
Sounds like the usual rubbish from twitter to me

Prices only go up not down. I could see us getting more for him next year than this year, just like he's worth more this year than last year.

Will only be 12 months left on contract and, if he's tapped up and forced to stay regardless, nothing will stop him downing tools to force the lower fee in his last six months here, upsetting the whole squad.

He either leaves for around £100m now, or he signs a new contract in June.

I thought all deals between premier league clubs had to be paid within two years?
Sounds like the usual rubbish from twitter to me

At one point that was the case but the current rules are that as long as both sides agree the fee can be paid over the term of the original contract.

Will only be 12 months left on contract and, if he's tapped up and forced to stay regardless, nothing will stop him downing tools to force the lower fee in his last six months here, upsetting the whole squad.

He either leaves for around £100m now, or he signs a new contract in June.

He isn't going anywhere for £100 million or anything close that is just not going to happen. Only one player ever has gone for over £60 million in England and that was a statement signing. As for signing a new contract I wouldn't bet on it but that is the key.

We've made our bed now - £100m. It remains to be seen whether we'll lie in it or not.

£100m is tremendous business for Everton.

Also, Lukaku doesn't have a sell on clause. That was established last year.

You mean that Liverpool fan who said he was told by David Prentice that they have a 25% sell on clause is lying? ........ Yet people will choose to take it as gospel

He isn't going anywhere for £100 million or anything close that is just not going to happen. Only one player ever has gone for over £60 million in England and that was a statement signing. As for signing a new contract I wouldn't bet on it but that is the key.

I'd say you are thoroughly underestimating the absurdity and inflation related to transfer fees. Lukaku will not be sold for less than Pogba went to United. The value of a guaranteed goal scorer is rising by the week. At just 23 and with his best years ahead of him the fee is going to be a record of sorts as there'll be competing bidders. Hopefully, we don't find out and he stays with us, and I guess that's why there's noise about spending big in the Summer to keep Rims attention.

I'd say you are thoroughly underestimating the absurdity and inflation related to transfer fees. Lukaku will not be sold for less than Pogba went to United. The value of a guaranteed goal scorer is rising by the week. At just 23 and with his best years ahead of him the fee is going to be a record of sorts as there'll be competing bidders. Hopefully, we don't find out and he stays with us, and I guess that's why there's noise about spending big in the Summer to keep Rims attention.
Are there really going to be competing bidders though? The only links to Lukaku are pretty much between us and United, and i really doubt United are going to be in for him, considering that Mourinho doesnt like him that much, and neither does Lukaku.
It really looks like we are the only team seriously looking at him

Are there really going to be competing bidders though? The only links to Lukaku are pretty much between us and United, and i really doubt United are going to be in for him, considering that Mourinho doesnt like him that much, and neither does Lukaku.
It really looks like we are the only team seriously looking at him

Seriously look elsewhere please.

The media have been trying to sell Lukaku for us since his first season after we'd bought him, pretty sure it was to PSG then... Getting boring now. Maybe he just isn't happy with the contract we're offering and the ambition in the summer window, same thing a lot of blues were disappointed in. I think he'll stay and I think we'll have a good window. I do think he only has a season or 2 left with us Champions League football or not but that's footie isn't it.

Hi lads. You're dead weird.

alaramamangementheader-1030x368.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.