Rodwell Artetas heir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboy

Player Valuation: £500k
Just looking back on the last couple of games that I have seen Rodwell involved in he seems to be really creative and ableto find find spce assist and score goals regualry. With Fellaini and Heitinga in there prime and look to have DM for quite some time would it be to much to say Rodwell could bcome our new Arteta? Has great awareness and picks passes I can't see why not. Do you think Moyes could go down this path?

His composure defies his age, he's almost the complete midfielder in terms of his abilities. We know what he has in his locker, tough tackler, good ariel ability, physically big and strong but with a touch and turn like a player with a much lower centre of gravity, calmness personified in front of goal.

In terms of replacing Arteta, I think it would be very difficult for any player to match his abilities. He's technical ability, vision and creativity is unsurpassed in the Premier league. It's only going to bring Rodwells game on tho working with the maestro in terms of creativity, his defending will be aided by Jagilka and Heitinga and his calmness in front of goal looks eerily akin to Saha.

His still learning, but doing it very quickly with huge amounts of maturity and morality.

Just looking back on the last couple of games that I have seen Rodwell involved in he seems to be really creative and ableto find find spce assist and score goals regualry. With Fellaini and Heitinga in there prime and look to have DM for quite some time would it be to much to say Rodwell could bcome our new Arteta? Has great awareness and picks passes I can't see why not. Do you think Moyes could go down this path?

I agree that he looks better further down the pitch, it was a good move by Moyes to bring him forward after the first Lisbon game. But to me he's more likely to replace Cahill as our attacking midfielder rather than Arteta who sits a bit deeper.

To me next year we should hope for a midfield 5 of fellaini/heitinga as defensive midfielder, arteta/osman as playmaker, pienaar on the left, whichever of bily/gosling/anichebe/donovan is available and in form on the right, and rodwell/cahill just behind the striker.

Looks pretty good.

His composure defies his age, he's almost the complete midfielder in terms of his abilities. We know what he has in his locker, tough tackler, good ariel ability, physically big and strong but with a touch and turn like a player with a much lower centre of gravity, calmness personified in front of goal.

In terms of replacing Arteta, I think it would be very difficult for any player to match his abilities. He's technical ability, vision and creativity is unsurpassed in the Premier league. It's only going to bring Rodwells game on tho working with the maestro in terms of creativity, his defending will be aided by Jagilka and Heitinga and his calmness in front of goal looks eerily akin to Saha.

His still learning, but doing it very quickly with huge amounts of maturity and morality.
This. Definitely! ;)

I just can't believe that some people want to sell him. Obviously if stupid money was offered it'd have to be considered but i HOPE we can keep hold of him

In terms of all round attributes he's very complete. I've said it so many times, but there are very few players who come through with that mix of technique and athleticism. Not only that, but he's got the stature to go with it. He's 6ft 2 and still growing in terms of physique, he's still on the slim side, he's definitely going to fill out over the next few years.

At the moment all he lacks is experience and with that comes the likes of positional sense, game intelligence and understanding of what's around him, where to move and what to do in certain situations. But that's very common in players of his age.

It's good to see Moyes is giving him more freedom at this moment in time. When he plays the holding role he has a tendency to play within himself and keep things simple, because the role is such an important and demanding one. With a bit more licience we'll see more things like his run yesterday, and his goals against Manchester Utd and Hull.

In the long term, I think he's very capable of growing into a similar player to Michael Essien. And I say that with complete confidence. And even if he doesn't reach that level, Jack Rodwell will still be a top level player, only injuries will stop him getting there.

But to me he's more likely to replace Cahill as our attacking midfielder rather than Arteta who sits a bit deeper.

This.
If timmy could share some of his jumping beans Big Jack would be pretty much unbeatable in the air.

I think he could play pretty much anyway on the pitch and do a bloody good job though!

I really like what I'm seeing in Rodwell but he won't be Artetas replacement. They are 2 different type of Mid. Arteta is a pure playmaker, while Jack looks like a box-to-box mid, somewhere in between Essien and Gerrard, probably a more athletic and agressive in attack Carrick.

Anyway it looks like Jack will turn into a great Mid as he gains more experience.

If Fellaini is any example then I would expect to see Rodwell move further back as he gains experience. A big part of playing deeper is positional play, which is only something you can really pick up from experience.

Jack Rodwell can be whatever he wants to be, hes has that thing that all special players have, knowing how superb He is.

I agree, i don't think anyone really knows his true position, start of season he was being championed as a centre half.

To me he looks like the blue gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.