Rodwell and Baines tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though having him on the right of a mid three would mean Fellaini would hang back and both Rodwell and Barkley would get forward. And then Baines/Drenthe on the left and Coleman on the right. It's a shame Seamus looked really out of his depth when he switched sides with Drenthe because it would mean a more dynamic play. Which is also one of the reasons why I think he needs to move back to fullback sooner rather than later..

Rodwell box-to-box.....Fellaini sitting and Barkley more attacking.

"He plays for Everton but wants to come to Arsenal to enhance to his England chances.

Wenger made an enquiry in August and Everton wanted to sell.

Discussions are now ongoing."

Whoever wrote that article must have literally made that up.

"I'd like to see Rodwell give England what Ozil gives Germany : explosive pace and goal-making penetration."

Rodwell and Ozil are absolutely nothing alike.

Whoever wrote that article is possibly the worst bell end in the whole of the universe.

Didnt we start with Rodders-Felli-Barkley as a midfield 3 against Villareal in that friendly and look quite good?

I think the problem with rodders is he is that type of player that looks bored and lazy but is in fact balls out, different position but think Berba. some players look like they are everywhere (like Barton) but the rodders type do just as good a job or even better by their reading and positioning.. I think rodders just understands the game and knows where he has to be before any one else so it looks like hes not making an effort when in fact hes ahead of the rest of them in thought.

Thought Rodwell put in a steady, controlled performance, with glimpses of his attacking qualities. He can be happy with that performance. Also thought we lost balance when he came off.

But...still feels to me though like he's only in third gear and could step it up considerably if he believed more in himself. Not sure exactly what it is with him - maybe needs to demand the ball more and be more aggressive with the ball. Maybe it'll come with experience. Phil Neville could teach him to point more.

This^^^^^^

His pointing is defo substandard......

I think the problem with rodders is he is that type of player that looks bored and lazy but is in fact balls out, different position but think Berba. some players look like they are everywhere (like Barton) but the rodders type do just as good a job or even better by their reading and positioning.. I think rodders just understands the game and knows where he has to be before any one else so it looks like hes not making an effort when in fact hes ahead of the rest of them in thought.

You may have a point - still trying to work out if he's a bit lethargic, or as you say, already ahead of the game.

Tough one, but I'll stick to my guns and say he can still step it up somewhat.

Rodwell has now got TWO England caps whilst playing for Everton. Can anyone tell me how playing for Arsenal will enhance his England chances. Please explain slowly as I am obviously missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.