" Robertos change of tactic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty1878

Player Valuation: £100m
Although he's changed it now with 14 games left you have to ask why didn't he sooner? Yes he's realized we're not Wigan and had to shore us up (Moyes esque dare I say)but were also not winning games neither and his past how many games prove that.So we stay up (we hope) then what weres the middle ground? We get messi to teach lukaku? We ask Chelsea/city how they always win games often?

Obviously ( we don't) but I'm stating here that
Only Roberto knows what's changed from last season to this and it must be addressed for the future.

Good post mate...and yes, issues need addressing that were not last summer. Martinez knows this as much as we do. No excuses for 2015/16

Wouldn't it be ironic if in this seriously depressing season we somehow managed to win the Europa and end up in the CL.

That would be a valid comparison with 1984.

All through the autumn and winter it was doom and gloon city.

We could hardly score, could hardly win a game, crowds were plummeting.

Yet by the May we were runing round Wembley with the Cup and without anyone knowing it, the most glittering period in Everton history was already in full swing :)

So you never know what is coming down the pike ;)

That would be a valid comparison with 1984.

All through the autumn and winter it was doom and gloon city.

We could hardly score, could hardly win a game, crowds were plummeting.

Yet by the May we were runing round Wembley with the Cup and without anyone knowing it, the most glittering period in Everton history was already in full swing :)

So you never know what is coming down the pike ;)

That post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Coyb!!

I wonder if he changed things, against his principles, after a quiet, confidential word from Uncle Bill.

Roberto is still a young manager and he does have a lot to learn, he's learnt a lot this season and will continue to as the season goes on, he's proven he can play attacking and over the last few weeks he's that he's learning to play defensive. He's got to find the correct balance and be able to use them both.

We all know this seasons a write-off but we still must finish in a respectable position (finishing in the bottom half to me is still inexcusable).

I'd be expecting to see quite a few things to change this off season. Distin and Alcaraz (presuming he goes) will both need to replaced. Big calls will need to be made for Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert whilst all three are still contracted past the seasons end we have to decide are they still up to it, can there bodies even play out another season?

If Mirallas isn't going to re-sign do we cash in on him before he goes for bugger all.

Realistically it's time to start making some big calls, between now and the end of the season I want us too:

- Give everything we've got for the Europa League. At our best I feel we can beat any other team in the comp, If we really work for it and actually play to our best I honestly think we can challenge.

-Start winning games, whilst we all agree that this season is a throw away that still doesn't mean we can finished 15th and no body cares, for respect alone we need to improve, for the supporters, for financial reasons, so we can sign good players still. Whilst we're not going to get any Europe qualification or anything from the league finish there's still so much to play for.

-This ones off the pitch but give Mirallas untill the next transfer window to tell us if he's going to sign or not for us.

-Play kids- whilst I'm not saying to go field 5 new kids every week I think it's really important to play the kids and see what they've got. Can Browning and/or Galloway set up next season and take Alcaraz or Distin's spot. Can Ledson replace Ossie? Kenny replace Hibbo? Does Henen deserve a permanent transfer? Is there another kid who can step up? There's so many questions that we can start to see the answers of.

Becoming defensively sound isn't a "change if tactic". We were airtight at the back for much of last season.

What's happened is that defenders have started defending again.

@davek my friend! Another very good performance from our captain last night, wouldn't you agree?

Becoming defensively sound isn't a "change if tactic". We were airtight at the back for much of last season.

What's happened is that defenders have started defending again.
What he has actually done is got more of the players defending more of the time.

I would. Credit where it's due. But he's been undeniably rubbish for the vast majority of this season and he needs binning in the summer.
Haha I'll never convince you otherwise of the second point. And I have to agree early doors this season he was cack. Him and Stones have most certainly got another year in them together if they can maintain this form.

What he has actually done is got more of the players defending more of the time.
He's ALWAYS played with two defensive CMs - he's more defensive minded than most give him credit for. Going to three in the centre holy [Poor language removed] only occurred in the last game or two because of the quality of opposition we played.

He best change his tactics, as we'll never get out of the Championship if we're just trying to grab nil-nils all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.