Roberto Martinez - The Next Everton Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo2901

Player Valuation: £225k
So last Wednesday rumours began circulating that a true legend of the footballing world, Sir Alex Ferguson may be preparing for retirement and by lunchtime that same day his retirement was confirmed by Manchester United and immediately it was David Moyes who was firm favourite to step into Sir Alex's shoes at United. By early Thursday evening it was then announced that Moyes would indeed be the successor to arguably the greatest football manager of all time. Obviously this came as a huge shock to us Evertonians as we have been under Moyes' leadership for 11 years now and it will be unusual to see Everton without him. So on Sunday afternoon during and after our match against West Ham we paid tribute to the man who essentially brought us 'From Deaths Doors To European Tours'.

However after the formalities of our farewell to Moyesie were over and done with, the search for our new manager was on, the immediate favourite to succeed David Moyes was Wigan Manager Roberto Martinez who just the day before Moyes' final game in charge of Everton lead his Wigan side to an impressive FA Cup victory against big spending Manchester City.

Personally I feel that Roberto Martinez will be the perfect appointment for us as he is a young manager who has an attacking style of play which is of course the complete opposite to what we have witnessed under David Moyes guidance over the past 11 years. He also has proved that he can nurture young talent and turn them into Premier League quality players, the players that he has brought through the ranks at Wigan include James McCarthy and of course, Callum McManaman who was rejected by us as a 16 year old. He has also shown that similarly to Moyes, he can operate shrewdly in the transfer market which is of course an essential trait if you were to become the Everton manager.

To summarise, I now desperately want Roberto Martinez to be appointed our new manager because he has fresh ideas and I really feel that within a few seasons he could really push our club forward and we could continue to 'Punch Above Our Weight' and consistently challenge for The Europa/Champions League positions. So what's your personal opinion would you like to see Roberto Martinez as the next Everton manager or would you like to see one of the other names mentioned to be appointed, such as: Vitor Pereira, Neil Lennon, Gus Poyet or even ex player Alan Stubbs?

So last Wednesday rumours began circulating that a true legend of the footballing world, Sir Alex Ferguson may be preparing for retirement and by lunchtime that same day his retirement was confirmed by Manchester United and immediately it was David Moyes who was firm favourite to step into Sir Alex's shoes at United. By early Thursday evening it was then announced that Moyes would indeed be the successor to arguably the greatest football manager of all time. Obviously this came as a huge shock to us Evertonians as we have been under Moyes' leadership for 11 years now and it will be unusual to see Everton without him. So on Sunday afternoon during and after our match against West Ham we paid tribute to the man who essentially brought us 'From Deaths Doors To European Tours'.

However after the formalities of our farewell to Moyesie were over and done with, the search for our new manager was on, the immediate favourite to succeed David Moyes was Wigan Manager Roberto Martinez who just the day before Moyes' final game in charge of Everton lead his Wigan side to an impressive FA Cup victory against big spending Manchester City.

Personally I feel that Roberto Martinez will be the perfect appointment for us as he is a young manager who has an attacking style of play which is of course the complete opposite to what we have witnessed under David Moyes guidance over the past 11 years. He also has proved that he can nurture young talent and turn them into Premier League quality players, the players that he has brought through the ranks at Wigan include James McCarthy and of course, Callum McManaman who was rejected by us as a 16 year old. He has also shown that similarly to Moyes, he can operate shrewdly in the transfer market which is of course an essential trait if you were to become the Everton manager.

To summarise, I now desperately want Roberto Martinez to be appointed our new manager because he has fresh ideas and I really feel that within a few seasons he could really push our club forward and we could continue to 'Punch Above Our Weight' and consistently challenge for The Europa/Champions League positions. So what's your personal opinion would you like to see Roberto Martinez as the next Everton manager or would you like to see one of the other names mentioned to be appointed, such as: Vitor Pereira, Neil Lennon, Gus Poyet or even ex player Alan Stubbs?

yes, maybe.... better than Hughes for sure

I really don't see the attraction. The season before he joined Wigan they finished mid-table. Since then they have been consistently in the relegation zone, and are looking good to be relegated this year.

Why the hell would we want someone with that track record?

Is it because he is Spanish? Has a tan? What is the attraction?

I really don't see the attraction. The season before he joined Wigan they finished mid-table. Since then they have been consistently in the relegation zone, and are looking good to be relegated this year.

Why the hell would we want someone with that track record?

Is it because he is Spanish? Has a tan? What is the attraction?

He has a poor win percentage even when compared with previous Wigan managers but he is a nice fella.

...isn't there a thread on Moyes' replacement? What happened to good housekeeping and where is a thread policeman when you want one.

29.48 percent win rate for Wigan. Bruce had 33 second time round and 37

To summarise, I now desperately want Roberto Martinez to be appointed our new manager because he has fresh ideas and I really feel that within a few seasons he could really push our club forward and we could continue to 'Punch Above Our Weight' and consistently challenge for The Europa/Champions League positions.

I definitely don't want a manager with a poorer record than Paul Jewells, who's gonna get his club relegated by next week, managing our Everton.

Martinez has had 4 seasons to get Wigan into mid-table security and he hasn't done it. Jewell did it. Curbishley did it for many years on the trot with a similar club (Charlton).

In internet parlance, that's called FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.