Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dodged. You're not going to answer any of those questions?

And I'm not in favour of settling at all, I'd love us to be able to go and get a top coach from a big club, but unfortunately, I live in the real world.
What real world is this? A real world were we cannot do better than getting a manager who has been relegated less than 2 weeks ago?
There are lots of manager out there who have done a lot better than with comparable or lesser budgets. Tuchel, Van Basten, Fevre, Blanc to name but 4.

Least we can get this song going again!!

Follow Follow Follow
Evertons the team to follow
.....:..:..............................
Roberto Martinez
Hea the beat little Spaniard we know!
Not sure how you propose we go about singing that one to be honest.

How about this:

Follow follow follow,
Everton is the team to follow,
He's no Rafael Be-ni-tez
He be Bobby Mar-ti-nez
He's the best little Spaniard we know!

Copyright Butters 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a good point - Wigan were better before Martinez...

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/club/history/history-finishingpositions.aspx

He was lucky in his debut season, finishing the league with the exact same return (W9/D9/L20) as his most recent

Cattermole, Valencia, Zaki, Palacios were all sold between the start of Bruce's final season and the start of Martinez's first season. From that point Martinez continuously lost his best players and was given less money back to replace them.

Least we can get this song going again!!

Follow Follow Follow
Evertons the team to follow
.....:..:..............................
Roberto Martinez
Hea the beat little Spaniard we know!

Follow Follow Follow
Everton is the team to follow
There's no better fellow
Than our man Roberto
He's the best little Spaniard we know!

Maybe ?

Martinez is to defenders as Moist was to strikers.

The managers who are good at both are out of our range or not even on the chairman's radar.

The frightening thing is that Bill has been waiting all this time for Martinez to give his decision, which means that he hasn't even bothered looking anywhere else.

It's going to get emotional.

My point is I just don't know what Solskjaer has done to warrant the job more than Martinez and Ferguson would just be a nostalgic appointment that would be a backward step for the club. Surely as Evertonians, Martinez deserves our backing before we all start slating him and comparing him to managers that may or may not have been on our radar....

Did he get appointed already? No need to back him prematurely. I really don't need to slate him, his league record does it just fine on its own. Still baffled how some are keen to anoint Martinez as the Pope of Merseyside when over his Premier League career, his goal differential is -27.

He might employ an attractive offensive style but he apparently knows, or cares very little about defense. Jags will be 31 at the start of this season, Heitinga is gone, Baines played every single minute last season and Distin is at least 58.

Throw Martinez in the mix and an injury to Baines, Jags or Distin and you might see Martinez best his GD total of -42.

I Am very pleased with the Martinez appointment. His brand of football is more attacking and exciting than Moyes style and Martinez always seems to make players BETTER than they were before he started working with them. Roll on the new MARTINEZ era, I'm 100% behind you. But Everton can still fcuk off with that 'Fisher Price' badge

So has Coyle, Phil Brown, Ian Dowie etc. For every 1 there are probably 10 you wouldn't want. But thats not the point here. When Klopp got relegated, within a month of being relegated did he have a side in the top 6 of the Bundesliga scouting him? If Martinez bounced back as well as Klopp did with Mainz I'd be delighted. At the moment, as a top 6 side, our ambitions should be higher.

Did he get appointed already? No need to back him prematurely. I really don't need to slate him, his league record does it just fine on its own. Still baffled how some are keen to anoint Martinez as the Pope of Merseyside when over his Premier League career, his goal differential is -27.

He might employ an attractive offensive style but he apparently knows, or cares very little about defense. Jags will be 31 at the start of this season, Heitinga is gone, Baines played every single minute last season and Distin is at least 58.

Throw Martinez in the mix and an injury to Baines, Jags or Distin and you might see Martinez best his GD total of -42.

Show me one post that does that.

What real world is this? A real world were we cannot do better than getting a manager who has been relegated less than 2 weeks ago?
There are lots of manager out there who have done a lot better than with comparable or lesser budgets. Tuchel, Van Basten, Fevre, Blanc to name but 4.

This is the real world in which Everton are skint, run by a bunch of clowns and even after 214 years of Kenwright searching, still haven't found investment.

We need to be realistic.

Martinez is to defenders as Moist was to strikers.

The managers who are good at both are out of our range or not even on the chairman's radar.

The frightening thing is that Bill has been waiting all this time for Martinez to give his decision, which means that he hasn't even bothered looking anywhere else.

It's going to get emotional.
That's alright then as we're already **** in defence.

Long as he gets us scoring more we'll only be going up the league.

Get in!

Martinez in!

I would have been happy to have him a couple of years ago when he appeared, to me at least, to have been responsible for the Swansea set-up. At least part of a successful interview has to involve addressing, satisfactorily, his poor performance at Wigan, and him adequately demonstrating that it won't be repeated.
Given that, I can see our football being more exciting, our youth getting even more encouragement, a more balanced approach to technique, tactical diversity, and possibly cheaper tickets in the Championship ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.