Rigged league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I’m not on my own when I say my support for Everton will never fade, however this league / competition is rotten to the core, not so much rigged. It’s ever increasingly becoming a close model to the champions league. A closed shop at the top table.

The sooner the self proclaimed “super six or so” go on their merry way to a cash cow league the better. A British super league with a genuine European competition running along side it the better.

They showed their contempt and disrespect for every club up and down this land and we should never forget it.

Frank is right, the ref can't do his job properly and it's even more disgusting with how blatant the handball was. No explanation or anything. Should be like the NFL where after every challenge the head ref has to announce to why the call does or does not stand. Maybe then there would be some consistency but I doubt it. City and the league can f right off.

If football wanted VAR to be accountable and transparent they would ensure the discussions are broadcast and the paying public in stadiums can watch replays.

The fact they do not allow this speaks volumes. Irs a diabolical system that needs binned asap. Its institutionalising big club bias and thats why it was brought in. Its a complete farce.
Yup. They started using VAR to please fans but they know it's just a dog and pony show. They know the call immediately after it happens.

When did this shirt sleeve thing become an official rule ?... from my memory it was always the length of the whole arm
They scrambled to rigjt and draw that up and pass it through as law before the game ended.

In all seriousness it still hit the bicep where its a handball.

I can only imagine that rule has been implemented to give var leeway of interpretation. Like a sleeve moves about and is positioned in different places on different Jerseys its daft and corrupt.

Oh come on, of course the league is rigged.

It’s a billion pound cash cow, to the executives. They build a product, people came and now they make it as controversial and gripping as possible.

The ESL coined the phrase “legacy fan”, but I refuse to believe the top men behind the PL, haven’t used that before, how do we get more fans?

I find I post this regularly whenever this topic arises and to this day, I can’t believe more of a fuss wasn’t made.

They’ve got a huge influence on every game whether you like it or not.

What happened with the link I’ve sent? We’ll City and Liverpool only went on insane 22 game winning streaks or something and the title went to the last day… coincidence? I think not.

Attachments

• 5ADBFC5D-B630-4FDC-ACFF-9185B7E8A083.jpeg
    5ADBFC5D-B630-4FDC-ACFF-9185B7E8A083.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 60
Is that really the rule? As long as the ball hits you "more" in the green area, then it is OK?

That's another new one to me, but then again, new rules seem to be conveniently introduced as required these days ...
That is the rule but it's still a moot point because it was almost 95 percent in the red area. Just disgusting refereeing and a sackable offence imo.

What hacks me off as well is the constant small decisions that can sway momentum in games but are never picked up on.

An example is the way the first tackle any of our midfielders mis time always leads to a yellow, always. So Allan is booked in the first 20 mins loads of times, VdB did it today, Richarlison constantly gets a yellow any tackle he throws in. Yet you see the likes of Fabinho Henderson Rodri Fernandinho Laporte Fernandes Fred etc. foul after foul after foul often going unpunished until right at the end of a game when the yellow card finally comes out. Not much use when two of our players have been walking a tightrope unable to put a tackle in all game.

We only get pens if they are 100% nailed on if at all. It takes a lot for anyone to get sent off against us ever. Pickford gets fouled loads without anything being called.

All the little things add up in these fames or the point where the opposition is physically outmuscling us because we can’t lay a tackle on them and they’re Garda sing us all over the pitch safe in the knowledge there’s probably no sanction coming their way.

What hacks me off as well is the constant small decisions that can sway momentum in games but are never picked up on.

An example is the way the first tackle any of our midfielders mis time always leads to a yellow, always. So Allan is booked in the first 20 mins loads of times, VdB did it today, Richarlison constantly gets a yellow any tackle he throws in. Yet you see the likes of Fabinho Henderson Rodri Fernandinho Laporte Fernandes Fred etc. foul after foul after foul often going unpunished until right at the end of a game when the yellow card finally comes out. Not much use when two of our players have been walking a tightrope unable to put a tackle in all game.

We only get pens if they are 100% nailed on if at all. It takes a lot for anyone to get sent off against us ever. Pickford gets fouled loads without anything being called.

All the little things add up in these fames or the point where the opposition is physically outmuscling us because we can’t lay a tackle on them and they’re Garda sing us all over the pitch safe in the knowledge there’s probably no sanction coming their way.
Fernandinho is the main one. He's been the master of avoiding yellows for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.