2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were always going to have to sell him. He wasn’t going to agree another contract with us so it had to be this summer. Yeah would have been better if it had been abroad but Spurs stumped the cash up. It is what it is, same will happen with DCL unless we can improve.

The board need to sort themselves out but even top clubs sell players. Unless you’re Madrid or City it seems that every other club loses players to another one considered bigger.

I don’t blame Richarlison though, blame the utter incompetence of the Everton board. West Ham Burnley and Leicester have all had European football whilst Richy has been here. I don’t think it would have stopped him leaving but the post Moyes years with the exception of a couple of seasons have been a disgrace.

We'll have probably made £10m profit on him. If it was Liverpool he'd have gone for about £100m. Great negotiating Bill.

I think we paid 35m upfront which was a hefty amount for him let's be honest at the time. So if we are getting 50m upfront, that comes to £15m profit which is pretty poor there's no 2 ways about that. You want to be bringing in 25-30m profit you'd think when spending 35m on a young player with potential.

But no one should be surprised, as everyone has mentioned time and time again, we are simply one of the worst run clubs in the league and by some distance as well.

Wish him all the best, not his fault that spurs was the only team that put a offer in. We need the money. But once he is gone that’s it for me players come and go.

I think we paid 35m upfront which was a hefty amount for him let's be honest at the time. So if we are getting 50m upfront, that comes to £15m profit which is pretty poor there's no 2 ways about that. You want to be bringing in 25-30m profit you'd think when spending 35m on a young player with potential.

But no one should be surprised, as everyone has mentioned time and time again, we are simply one of the worst run clubs in the league and by some distance as well.

Then take off the fee we pay Watford 10%.

Then take off Richarlisons "loyalty" bonus / share of the fee.

Weve probably sold him for around £42mil with.

Raphinha meanwhile £60mil ?

Have you factor in watford sell on clause?

Is it just me or is anyone else just a little underwhelmed that he's likely to go to Spurs?

Do you think that we as fans have rated him higher than the wider footballing world?

I really thought there may have been a number of clubs in for him, but it seems that it was only ever really Spurs, so we couldn't drive the price up.

I know they are at the other end of the table at the moment, but if he's going for champions league football, then to my mind, Spurs are the most likely side at the top to fall away should Arsenal and / or Man Utd get their acts together.

It just seems a bit of a nothing move for him

Is it just me or is anyone else just a little underwhelmed that he's likely to go to Spurs?

Do you think that we as fans have rated him higher than the wider footballing world?

I really thought there may have been a number of clubs in for him, but it seems that it was only ever really Spurs, so we couldn't drive the price up.

I know they are at the other end of the table at the moment, but if he's going for champions league football, then to my mind, Spurs are the most likely side at the top to fall away should Arsenal and / or Man Utd get their acts together.

It just seems a bit of a nothing move for him

he’s wanted top 4 ucl

now he has so nope

Think this here shows the lunacy around the club. Richarlison was success, a fans favourite.

Quite frankly if we had paid the going rate of about £30m at the time for a player of his then pedigree it would look like a good bit of business.

But we are currently selling our star player for pretty much what we paid for him.

We have not bought anyone at the right price since Moshiri entered the field

Spurs fan here. To the sensible and what looks like the vast majority of you, fair play. You are wishing the guy well and no bitterness whatsoever from you. I signed up, as was interested in our incoming signing Richarlison and wanted to discuss his strengths, weaknesses etc, but I’ll have to say there is 1 or 2 really bitter users on here, notably the Spurs hater ( strange to hate us more than Liverpool)

. He has signed for Spurs because we are a CL club, with a magnificent stadium and coached by one of the best managers in Europe. We have been in the champions league for 3 seasons in 5. We are constantly in Europe. We regularly fight for a top 4. We have made plenty of major finals, but unfortunately haven’t got over the line, but this is all irrelevant. Wether you like to admit it or not, Richarlison signing for Spurs is a big step up. You take the piss out of our trophy spell. Our last was 2008. Yours was 1995. Can understand you being disappointed, but the bitterness and belittling of our club when let’s be fair, you could only dream of what we have currently.

This isn’t to the vast majority of you by the way. I just read a few comments whilst signing in and felt the need to respond
I can't disagree with your summation mate, but when you sign up on a rival clubs forum, and most particularly in the immediacy of signing said clubs best player, you have to at least expect to roll with the punches a little.

It's not the same as signing someone from League One for example and asking for opinions. So no need to knit a blanket out of it.

Have to accept the fee is what it is.

We all wanted more, but no other bigger team clearly felt he is worth more, otherwise they’d of firmed up with a higher bid

….my understanding is Richarlison gets 10% of the fee himself, and 10% of any monies over £40m goes to Watford.

You raise an interesting point and whilst it isn’t unusual for various individuals to benefit when a player is sold for a profit.I am it sure I have ever come across the sort of % you mentioned but nothing would surprise me

You also get sums paid to the FA, to the PFA and as you rightly say the players often get paid more often than not loyalty payments included in the original contract accelerated due to the contract ending early.

So so many have their hand in the till as it were and when it comes to agents they often get paid for acting on behalf of the player and often they double up and get paid for facilitating the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.