2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was awful last night. Strange that people think PSG would go for him - ahead of someone like Son.
Evertonians of a certain age are so starved of success that any half-competent player with a touch of flair is heralded as a world-beater. It's because a huge section of our fanbase hasn't really been exposed to real quality as the club has become mired in abject mediocrity.

I'm a fan of 42 years' standing. In that time, I can honestly say that the vast bulk of the, maybe, 10 top quality players that played for the club had hung up their Everton boots by the start of the 1990s. Southall, Reid, Lineker, Gray, Sharp, Steven, and Sheedy were top class. Two of those were the best in the world in their positions. Since then, we had Beardsley and, at a stretch, Kanchelskis (for five minutes) and Lukaku. And we lost Rooney before he was born.

True, we've had plenty of fine players in that time (Bracewell, Heath, Stevens, Van Den Hauwe, Watson, Parkinson, Limpar, Speed, Campbell, Arteta, and Cahill) but the top quality has been at a premium at Goodison for a generation. In the big picture, Richarlison has been about as effective as Yakubu in terms of goals per game. That makes him a very good Everton player, but I don't remember Barcelona or Bayern Munich coming in for him at that time...

You do realise that 3 of those teams beat us and we got thrashed by Watford don’t you? Leeds are ahead of us in the table as are brentford…
Yes I was there, but we also beat Arsenal yet they’re far better than us right now.

Games can go either way, the table at the end of the season won’t lie - I hope I’m right, I hope you’re wrong.

Suarez can actually dribble past players with the ball as well as being a deadly finisher which Richarlison isn’t.

Suarez was 23 when he joined Liverpool.

He hit 1 in 3 for 1.5 seasons.

It was only when he was 25 that he became the top player we think of.

Richarlison has ZERO service...Gray, DCL and the midfielders dont get the ball to him.

Whether its selfish play or poor passing he doesnt receive the ball when he's in dangerous positions.

I now think he's got to be played at 9 and we need to have someone like Dele behind him and a better central midfielder who is able to make key passes.

We need to keep him, id sell DCL before him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-071722.png
    Screenshot_20220309-071722.png
    71 KB · Views: 88
Yes I was there, but we also beat Arsenal yet they’re far better than us right now.

Games can go either way, the table at the end of the season won’t lie - I hope I’m right, I hope you’re wrong.

Taking a one off game is different to being completely outplayed by the “ worst” teams in the league….. we got absolutely smashed by Watford , done nothing against Norwich and put one of the worst performances I can remeber in against brentford..although since that game we have put in some more that were probably worse .

Suarez was 23 when he joined Liverpool.

He hit 1 in 3 for 1.5 seasons.

It was only when he was 25 that he became the top player we think of.

Richarlison has ZERO service...Gray, DCL and the midfielders dont get the ball to him.

Whether its selfish play or poor passing he doesnt receive the ball when he's in dangerous positions.

I now think he's got to be played at 9 and we need to have someone like Dele behind him and a better central midfielder who is able to make key passes.

We need to keep him, id sell DCL before him.
Here's the thing. The higher level you play, the less time and space you get. If you look at the very best players, they have far more often spatial control than the next best ones. This means that they generally have the correct body position, they have control over the four references; ball, opponent, teammate and space, and they take the appropriate number of touches on the ball, and have usually made the decision before they before the ball because they constantly scan, and process information quickly.

This can be summed up in football intelligence, and this is absent in Richarlison (and DLC). Nobody says it is an easy task to play for Everton, but if we had replaced RIcharlison with e.g. Harry Kane, then I would bet quite a lot that he would score more goals and not least created greater difficulties for the opponents defense. Richarlison is an ok player, but he has some clear limitations, and by some overrated. But in terms of football right now, he is not our biggest problem.

Nowhere near.

Weird, it definitely showed his was near the top for some stat related to dribbling.

Here's the thing. The higher level you play, the less time and space you get. If you look at the very best players, they have far more often spatial control than the next best ones. This means that they generally have the correct body position, they have control over the four references; ball, opponent, teammate and space, and they take the appropriate number of touches on the ball, and have usually made the decision before they before the ball because they constantly scan, and process information quickly.

This can be summed up in football intelligence, and this is absent in Richarlison (and DLC). Nobody says it is an easy task to play for Everton, but if we had replaced RIcharlison with e.g. Harry Kane, then I would bet quite a lot that he would score more goals and not least created greater difficulties for the opponents defense. Richarlison is an ok player, but he has some clear limitations, and by some overrated. But in terms of football right now, he is not our biggest problem.

So if we had sold Richarlison and signed Harry Kane we would score more goals.

What an incredible deduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.