2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that’s seemingly touched a nerve it wasn’t intended to.
First and foremost my opinion was clearly made in that I had a counter-view to you about Richarlison. Rather than write an essay having swallowed a thesaurus I chose to be succinct and to the point. As you say, it’s a forum for opinions and mine was/is that your take on the lad is wrong. If a response like mine, which was clearly a little bit tongue in cheek and not ‘a cheap shot’ irks you that much I’d suggest there’s other forums for sensitive souls to frequent. We have a bit of fun and humour here and keyboard warriors aren’t welcome. As we sign in with nicknames we’re all relatively anonymous as are you. Relax a little and have some light-hearted chat.
Enjoy the game today.

Talk about pot and kettle ffs...

Tarkowski has taken many players down so far but also to avoid yellows, he and the other defenders take turns at fouling opposition players.
That's a good point the early sixties Burnley and Leeds did the same tactics ,having turns of kicking a player so no one got sent off ,but did the damage they wanted to do.

I didn't know you were allowed to criticise Burnley's tackling. Remember the outrage from them when Klippety dared to suggest they deliberately targeted players a couple of seasons back?

That's a good point the early sixties Burnley and Leeds did the same tactics ,having turns of kicking a player so no one got sent off ,but did the damage they wanted to do.

They had some selection of kickers! Madeley, Charlton, Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Yorath !!

Richarlison’s long-term injury, which was caused by a reckless challenge for which we didn’t even receive a foul, has cost us many points.

It also makes a mockery of this narrative that Carragher is trying to promote that Richarlison is never fouled and just goes to ground at the drop of a hat.
It was a scandalous challenge and it has received very little media coverage, inexplicably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.