2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golly gosh! Who is next for the chop following dissection on this forum. Is there anyone left at all worth keeping?
DCL, Digne, Allan, James, at this point Pickford, probably all the CBs besides Holgate because they're passable. But the list isn't long. Richarlison is on it too, but not if he's going to be pouty about not getting a move or if we're turning down real money.

James? are you serious? Getting back to Richy and his gob and antics, one of the biggest divers in the PL is Mane who plays for you know who and is a hero to our dear neighbours. Mane often shows an indignant hurt expression, although more often Refs are fooled by his diving.

I doubt he's getting the move he wants but if the right offer comes in sell him. He's not even close to irreplaceable.

I always expected his next move to be to a Paris, Real, Barcelona, Juventus or maybe Man City, Chelsea or Man United but he has not realised his great potential.

Like others have said, if those clubs had £50m, I don't think they spend it on Richy when there are younger, arguably better players for similar fees.

Atleti, Leipzig, Inter, AC Milan or Dortmund could be tempted but the fee would be a problem for them I think.

It's more down to him being a massive bellend on the pitch for me rather than him having a poor season.

Nah, they'd have to be John Terry level bellend or nyarko level NEA for me to want to sell a player who has looked our best player at varying times since he joined

If he hits the ground running next season whilst still doing all the things he does that annoy you now you will quickly forget about all that I am sure or at least won't be so bothered by it

I don't think we should be writing off Richarlison just yet. Hes had a very poor season by everyones expectations but I think he can get back to his best providing the 'right' business is done in the transfer window this summer.

Right referring to that side of the pitch. Sign a right wing back who can do the same as Lucas Digne and ideally a pacey/creative a winger in front of them.

As our attacking play has been very predictable this season most of the time teams just know providing they shut down our strongest side (Digne & Richarlison) unless if James is floating around the middle or over the other side there's nothing else really for them to be concerned about.

Richarlison has only shown glimpses this season of what he's about I find that his decisions on the ball whether it's trying to run past too many players or not looking up and playing to a team mate towards the end of the season it did feel like him and DCL didn't want to pass it to each other.

He had a very lively start to the season in those opening 4 games then the red card missed 3 games and didn't really contribute much until a run of goals around February. When you look back at some of the goals he has previously scored for us and assisted we know he can play that left sided role very well.

We certainly won't have to worry about any incoming bids but fingers crossed next season he'll have better players around him and tactically he will be given more freedom.

I just find it utterly childish that a player who seemed to be fairly well loved by the fans up to this season is now getting pelters for the outrageous crime of having a crap season ( even tho the crap season still involved him working his arse off and contributing to some degree to some wins and our overall pts total)

crybabies

I hope he stays and I fully believe he will get back on form if he does
Fair dinkum, but if he’s now to become the disruptive element we saw at the weekend, then Ancelotti will have to manage this ‘crybaby’ or he’ll lose the dressing room and nobody’s bigger than the club - especially one who’s apparently clumsier with the ball than me.

I agree, but he was very public about his wishes to leave last season and graciously gave us "one more year".

I think it is reasonable to expect more public comments about leaving and maybe even more disruptive behaviour.

There have been many players who resorted to destroy training sessions in order to get their move and will be encouraged by the buying club and agent to speed up the process.

You would hope Richarlison behaves better than this, but I would not be surprised to see it either.

I don't get this at all!

Richarlison seems like a really good kid (that makes me feel old) always sticking up for us on social media etc. I have seen zero disruptive behavior from him unless we are believing that weird Holgate thing from some spurious source?

He works his backside off for us on the pitch and always has good things to say about us. Leave him alone!

I don't think we should be writing off Richarlison just yet. Hes had a very poor season by everyones expectations but I think he can get back to his best providing the 'right' business is done in the transfer window this summer.

Right referring to that side of the pitch. Sign a right wing back who can do the same as Lucas Digne and ideally a pacey/creative a winger in front of them.

As our attacking play has been very predictable this season most of the time teams just know providing they shut down our strongest side (Digne & Richarlison) unless if James is floating around the middle or over the other side there's nothing else really for them to be concerned about.

Richarlison has only shown glimpses this season of what he's about I find that his decisions on the ball whether it's trying to run past too many players or not looking up and playing to a team mate towards the end of the season it did feel like him and DCL didn't want to pass it to each other.

He had a very lively start to the season in those opening 4 games then the red card missed 3 games and didn't really contribute much until a run of goals around February. When you look back at some of the goals he has previously scored for us and assisted we know he can play that left sided role very well.

We certainly won't have to worry about any incoming bids but fingers crossed next season he'll have better players around him and tactically he will be given more freedom.
There maybe lots of incoming bids if he has a good Copa. I can see a few clubs trying to unsettle him and then try to get him on the cheap!

There's a player there. And he's a nark on the pitch.
Better players around not only makes him better but the threat of sitting on the bench may wake him into more consistencey.
Well, thats the plan. But this is Everton.

James? are you serious? Getting back to Richy and his gob and antics, one of the biggest divers in the PL is Mane who plays for you know who and is a hero to our dear neighbours. Mane often shows an indignant hurt expression, although more often Refs are fooled by his diving.
So?

Very much an average player and I saw nothing at Fulham or Watford or wherever it was we got him from, to convince me that he was the missing link. Whilst I can tolerate this to a point, as with the best coaching ALL players can be improved, I’m sick to the back teeth of the Man-child antics (to coin a modern phrase) and the unsavoury incident with Holgate at the weekend was the camel that, for me, broke the proverbial camel’s back. I never want to see him in Royal Blue again.
None of that is correct really.

I do agree that it wasn't his best season but at least part of that was due to the emergence of DCL where the manager has not been able to settle on a plan that works for both.

A seriously talented footballer however.

Nah, they'd have to be John Terry level bellend or nyarko level NEA for me to want to sell a player who has looked our best player at varying times since he joined

If he hits the ground running next season whilst still doing all the things he does that annoy you now you will quickly forget about all that I am sure or at least won't be so bothered by it

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't want to sell him, just think he's a bellend. Hopefully with the right players in for next season he can concentrate more on the attacking side of his game rather than having to drop deep a lot of the time looking for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.